The Clinical, Medical and Regulatory (CMR) department at NNI is one of the most diverse and collaborative groups within the organization. From health-care-provider interactions and developing and implementing regulatory strategies with the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) to providing medical education and collecting data to support efficacy and new product development, CMR is involved. The one thing that keeps us all marching to the same beat is our patient-centered focus. At Novo Nordisk, you will help patients around the world. As their needs evolve, so does our challenge to find better and more innovative ways to improve their quality of life. We’re changing lives for a living. Are you ready to make a difference?
Position provides field coaching, mentorship and management to the field-based Medical Liaisons, and develops and implements strategies: optimally manage key opinion leader/organized provider/academic institutions/ integrated delivery networks, and other key health care provider/organization relationships, specifically with the provision of timely and up to date scientific information relevant to ensure personal development of the team; and between the field-based Medical Liaison team and other NNI units / personnel. Organized Provider Accounts, project and team leading responsibilities for Field Medical Affairs (FMA); contributes to the representation of FMA throughout the US affiliate and globally if needed; responsible for administrative and management support of field-based FMA Program at Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI). Accountable for ensuring that they and their team act in complete and total compliance with all laws, regulations and policies.
Reports to Executive Director or Vice President Medical Affairs. Has direct supervisory responsibility for field based Medical Liaisons in designated areas of the United States (US). Works closely with home office (Medical, Marketing, Sales, Legal, Human Resources) and field personnel. Works with Medical Liaisons and their contacts with academic institutions, integrated delivery networks, managed care organizations and Health Management Organizations (HMOs), as needed based on territory archetypes in alignment with patient value framework. Leads briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives.
Coordination/Communication and Administration
- Work with the field-based Regional, Managed Markets (MM), and Medical Scientist (RMS) teams to improve and develop new relationships and maintain existing relationships with thought-leaders in specialty areas that are affected by NNI products. Help define mutual areas of interest and potential areas of collaboration. Manages direct reports in the provision of responses to all requests for information.
- Ensures that the most up-to-date information on the therapeutic area and NNI clinical plans and study results, product support letters, and the Marketing and Sales product plan and tactics is made available to the field-based Medical Liaisons.
- Participates in Marketing and Sales meetings and national medical meetings; interacts with North American Clinical Operations (NACO) and Diabetes Educator Program (DEP) management and external task forces, as needed.
- Reviews and audits direct report expense reports; manages and reviews time and activities (as collected and tracked in VEEVA).
- Actively manages the field medical team by putting the right people on the right projects, based on their capacity/skill/interest/capability and assists them with pre-call planning in preparation for customer visits.
- Coordinates with other Field Directors to ensure consistency of training and development approach across different areas while customizing initiatives to best fit the unique needs of direct reports.
- Ensures that FMA personnel understand the strategic and therapeutic priorities of Novo Nordisk, that their work is focused on those priorities, and that they understand their level of accountability for results and the measurement process.
- Provides onboarding/training for new hires, mentors and builds the talents of reporting personnel particularly with respect to knowledge of technical and scientific information, business practices, communication and motivational skills as well as providing broad legal overview of pharma industry and NNI globally.
- Facilitates feedback from Field Medical Personnel to assist Medical and Marketing and Sales to develop strategies and tactics that will (1) improve strategic planning, (2) expand and improve the quality of clinical research, (3) increase accuracy of medical and marketing assessments, and (4) improve the competitive positioning of NNI products.
- Takes a leadership role in coordinating and resourcing activities, including allocating financial and people resources, supporting appropriate use of NNI products and greater utilization of its services.
- Takes a leadership role in coordinating activities at assigned medical and scientific meetings and symposia. Attends assigned symposia to: a) maintain awareness of current issues and new data pertaining to NNI products/global trends/general market, b) develop and maintain relationships with health care providers, c) support appropriate use of NNI products and greater utilization of its services, and d) support representatives in answering physicians’ questions.
- Works with Executive Director to define therapeutic area disease and treatment concepts that will (1) become the basis of Medical Liaison field-based activities, (2) be adopted by thought leaders/organized providers and academic institutions/integrated delivery networks, and (3) support the use of Novo Nordisk products. Define and implement tactics that will allow for the timely acceptance of these concepts.
- 50-75% overnight travel required.
- Home based in the contiguous United States.
- Driver must maintain a valid driver’s license. Must be in good standing by not exceeding the Novo Nordisk points threshold assigned based on review of Motor Vehicle Records.
- An advanced health care or science degree (e.g., DO, MD, PharmD, PhD, DNP) required
- A minimum of 6 years progressive pharmaceutical industry experience required, with at least 3 years of experience in a healthcare system preferred
- A minimum of 4 years previous management experience preferred
- Direct experience in therapeutic area is preferred
- One or two years of ML experience or equivalent position required
- Proven track record of success, especially in the area of establishing relationships with opinion leaders, organized providers, and in team management
- Requires self-development, including leadership/personal development, reading latest scientific literature, and keeping up with competitors
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 59360BR
Job Category: Regulatory