|About the Department|
At Novo Nordisk, our Finance and Operations team works to provide strategic direction to the company, ensuring that everything we do is viable and built to last. Overseeing and safeguarding Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI’s) short and long-term planning, Finance and Operations works closely with teams across the organization to develop strategies and business plans, monitor industry trends and provide operating recommendations. We regulate accounting, uphold workplace safety, manage our supply chain and sampling, support technology, maintain our facilities and assure the integrity and completeness of all business transactions. At Novo Nordisk, you will have the opportunity to build a life-changing career in a global business environment. We encourage our employees to make the most of their talent. And we reward hard work and dedication with the opportunity for continuous learning and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
To effectively manage U.S. State and local, direct and indirect tax compliance responsibilities, tax accounting, and reporting requirements for Novo Nordisk Inc. (“NNI”) and the North American affiliates of Novo Nordisk. Support includes related financial reporting, forecasting processes and day to day operations. The position will assist the NNI Tax group in the fulfillment of local, regional and global responsibilities with a focus on process efficiency and automation.
Position reports to Senior Manager of Tax at NNI. As part of NNI Finance, continual interaction with line of business personnel at NNI operations as well as well as Global Service Center (“GSC”) in Bangalore, India, tax interns or co-ops, regional affiliates and headquarters tax. Position will interact with external auditors, tax advisors and outside professionals as necessary.
- Responsible for preparation of State and local income and franchise (standalone, unitary, combined, etc.) and indirect (business, sales and use, VAT) external tax compliance (returns, estimates and extensions)
- Responsible for preparation of all supporting workpapers (e.g. state allocations, adjustments and apportionment) and research for U.S. affiliates, including determinations of state-by-state filing methodology
- Responsible for calculation of State and local tax credit (e.g. R&D credit) and incentive calculations
- Maintain comprehensive State tax filing calendar as well as preparation of annual BoD report for each legal entity
- Support and manage State and local tax audits and inquiries. Identify, quantify, and report State and local tax risk
- Oversee and support the external preparation and completion U.S. Customs submissions
- Responsible for all business, property and local taxes for all U.S. affiliates. This includes assisting Finance and Legal at affiliates with unclaimed property taxes and State registrations, respectively
- Implement changes that result from legislative updates into current processes
- Assist stakeholders with tax research and formal documentation as required
- Responsible for monthly, interim and annual tax reporting and forecasts, including annual accrual to return “true-up” entries and monthly tax account reconciliations. Assist in addressing inquiries from internal and external auditors
- Responsible for appropriate documentation of tax calculations and addressing inquiries of internal stakeholders and external financial auditors for U.S. affiliates
- Ensure all tax accounting activities are completed in a manner compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and the NNI internal control environment
- Serve as key point of contact for all stakeholders, internal and external for all matters all State and local compliance, audit and tax accounting matters, e.g. Direct and Indirect Taxes
- Serve as daily contact for internal stakeholders in regard to matters concerning assigned responsibilities, as required
- Identify, recommend and assist in implementation of policy, process and digitization improvements to ensure “best in class” internal and external tax and financial compliance. This includes fully leveraging current and new technologies to streamline processes, improve analysis and create more valuable output for stakeholders
- Assist with the maintenance and update of process documentation for all responsibilities
- Responsible for successful recruiting, leveraging and coordination of tax intern/co-ops and program personnel
- Successfully leverage GSC personnel in performance of assigned responsibilities
- Support ad hoc projects as required by local, regional or global stakeholders
Approximately 5% to 10% overnight travel, including international travel.
Development of People
Support personal individual development plan (“IDP”) balancing experience gained from challenging assignments, learning from others and coursework. Ensure application and communication of all NNI policies, procedures, and The Novo Nordisk Way in support of our Triple Bottom Line while performing responsibilities. Contribute to the Novo Nordisk, local, regional and global learning environment by increasing organizational tax, accounting, and finance and business acumen.
- A Bachelor’s Degree required in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA is strongly preferred. Advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years Corporate tax experience is requied. A balance of both public accounting and private industry experience is preferred.
- Industrial Products and/or Pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills; strong attention to detail required.
- The ability to work independently on complex tax issues with knowledge of applicable rules and requirements.
- Proficiency in tax technology as well as MS Office products with a high aptitude for databases and spreadsheets for use in tax applications.
- Knowledge of SAP is preferred. Proficiency in CorpTax. Working knowledge of tax automation and/or visualization tools such as CorpTax BOTS, Qlik Sense/Qlik View, Power BI strongly preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with all levels of organization.
- Experience with tax research is required.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced matrix environment.
- Works within Novo Nordisk’s established policies and procedures and ensures alignment of their work to Novo Nordisk fundamentals.
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 59151BR
Job Category: Finance