US-NJ, Director, Communications - US Oncology 225240BR-MZ
Director, Communications - US Oncology
East Hanover, NJ
Communications & Public Affairs
Drive external and internal communications strategy in alignment with the US oncology business unit s objectives and priorities.
Enhance and protect the BU s and Novartis reputation.
Inspire and engage employees.
-Deliver reputation plan for US Oncology and ensure strategic alignment across key stakeholders with Global Oncology and corporate Communications.
-Develop external communications strategies and supporting materials, including content for social media, messages, talking points, Q&A and presentations for interactions with external audiences, including news media, patient advocacy leaders, government influencers and other stakeholders.
-Proactively communicate about key US initiatives and activities that may enhance the organization s reputation
-Manage, prepare and respond to issues and crises that may affect the company reputation, e.g., cancer drug pricing, Sunshine Act, drug supply and safety
-Manage OBU leadership interactions with news media, policy makers, advocacy organizations and other external influencers
-Motivate, engage and educate associates to help achieve business results and build desired culture
- Support OBU leadership in communicating US Oncology strategy and priorities to associates; anticipate business and organizational needs through internal communications strategy
-Partner with Human Resources to implement programs that support culture change
-Proactively identify opportunities where communications can help advance strategy, address issues, strengthen alignment or collaboration, and deliver communication programs/messages to achieve goals Assist with communication needs of US Oncology Leadership, including speeches, remarks, blogs; town halls
- Develop and deliver credible and impactful messaging through innovative and targeted channels and ensure messaging and programs reflect and address employee feedback
-Manage outside vendors/budget as needed
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Bachelor degree is required.
Discipline in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related is preferred.
8+ years of related working experience in communications from a highly-regulated Corporate and/or Agency environment. Pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred.
- Need strong understanding of the dynamic and complex external healthcare environment; able to recognize themes and trends as opportunities or challenges.
- Communications experience in Oncology or specialty therapeutic area is strongly preferred.
- Social Media channels and content development experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of the new media and how they effect the Pharma industry is desired.
- Expertise to work effectively directly with journalists under sometimes challenging circumstances.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Proactive, results focus, speak up approach
Confidence providing communications counsel to senior level management
Intellectual curiosity and ability to understand the sciences
Proven ability to operate and influence cross-functionally and cross-culturally
Adept at prioritizing work and addressing issues in a timely manner
* If a direct employer requests that you go to their web site and complete your application there in order to be
considered, please do so. Applications for all positions are subject to each employer's specific requirements.