Our client, a leading fortune company is looking for Procurement Analyst III for a 12 months contract position located in Alpharetta, GA.
- Perform market research - Analyst will locate and perform analysis on market and industry data Keep knowledge base current with industry trends, market research and analytic tools Perform rigorous analysis o Become familiar with internal category data
- Work with the buyer to develop savings hypotheses
- Develop analysis around hypotheses
- Build insight from the analysis and provide preliminary findings/recommendations to buyer
- Findings from one analysis often prompt further analysis and analyst should take the initiative to further the analysis as needed
- Develops and maintains detailed cost model for the category
- Develop and maintain data bases on current and future (forecast) internal usage and prices/costs for all items within the assigned categories.
- Identify and recommend cost savings opportunities identified by the analysis of both the internal and market data.
- Complete templates for category strategy review
- Locates data and completes templates for category strategy review according to pre-set schedule
- Communicate information to buyer - Analysts spend considerable time in the data and should communicate relevant market data and/or inconsistencies to buyer
- Minimum Requirements Bachelor's degree (Finance, Economics or Business Admin preferred)
- Develop strategic approaches for the Global Indirect Services categories.
- Develops thorough category strategies to drive value based on an understanding of business unit needs, the supply market, spend baseline, evolution and benchmarking. Effectively document, communicate and gain buy-in for the strategies.
- Research, select, develop and maintain adequate sources of supply to ensure the requirements of the categories are met with the optimum quality, service and cost to use.
- Ability to successfully reach business objectives through supplier negotiations. Analyzes market and supply dynamics related to supplier proposals to develop a matrix of negotiation scenarios.
- Comprehend and provide constructive input on legal contract documents related to purchasing terms, conditions, indemnification, intellectual property ownership, etc.
- Forecast timely price and availability information on assigned categories for the various consuming businesses and communicate this information to appropriate personnel in the company so it is properly integrated into business strategy and decision-making.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of corporate policies and procedures, as well as related governmental laws and regulations to ensure purchasing activities are conducted within the parameters of each.
Required Experience: -
- Minimum Bachelor's degree/ MBA (Highly preferred) in (Finance, Economics or Business Admin preferred) - 6 or more years of relevant experience in Procurement of Indirect Services (e.g. HR, Legal Services, Facilities, IT, Travel, Vehicles, Marketing, etc)
- Operates with minimal business direction -Preferred
- Experience in strategic sourcing of key indirect services
- Commercial awareness beyond Procurement
- Three to five years' experience analytic experience (financial, research, consulting)
- Requirements High proficiency in Excel and Access Ability to drive insight from data analysis Hypothesis building, advanced modeling and regression analysis Presentation skills, project management, change management Understanding of global business needs
- Strong quantitative, cost modeling, and data analysis skills - -Strong project management and process improvement skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Change agent with ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Problem solving experience in reducing total costs, improving processes and reducing supplier risk -Master's Degree in Business Administration or related field -Six Sigma, Lean, or equivalent training -CPM or CPIM (APICS) certification -Purchasing system experience (SAP)
Qualified candidates please respond with updated word doc resume to Krishna Ramanuja at [click here] [click here]> .