A leading manufacturer of medical consumables and equipment in the acute care and alternate care respiratory markets is looking for a Territory Sales Manager. The Territory Sales Manager is entrusted with cultivating long term customer relationships and being a valuable, individual contributor to the organizations overall success and revenue expansion. This entails creating sustainable, profitable growth by increasing penetration and profitability of existing accounts within the assigned geographic territory
The following includes the essential duties and responsibilities, however, others may be added or changed as the need arises:
- Aggressively create awareness, trial and usage for specialty respiratory consumables, while assisting distributor partners in properly positioning and growing the product line.
- Effective selling skills, in-depth clinical and business expertise are necessary
- Expand existing business through current customer base and target accounts to include GPO, IDN, individual hospital and alternate care accounts
- Competency in planning, prioritizing, monitoring, and tracking all sales cycle events, while presenting the clinical benefits of our products to individuals and committees.
- Build brand loyalty and customer satisfaction.
- Promote utilization through the use of tools and programs.
- Track, report and analyze sales opportunities on a routine basis.
- Responsible for forecasting, monitoring, and posting sales activities for the respective territory.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with 5 years relevant sales experience
- Minimum of four years related sales experience selling medical products in a hospital or alternate care environment.
- Ability to travel 60% of the time
- Experience calling on multi-departmental hospital functional leaders at the account and IDN level is important. Must be proficient in presenting to both individuals and committees.
- A demonstrated track record of meeting and exceeding sales objectives using a disciplined Value-Based and Consultative Sales Process. Previous experience with team selling is preferred.
- Understanding the Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) and Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) landscape.
- Proficient in developing distributor/business partner relationships.
- Proficient in developing independent manufacturer’s rep groups.
- Personal development is a critical aspect of the position!
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Strong organization, presentation and strategic planning skills
- Track record of building and maintaining long-terms customer relationships
- Ability to problem solve and make effective decisions
- Ability to travel within designated geography with up to 60% overnight travel
- Proven product knowledge in business area with understanding of sales process
- Strong business acumen and excellent negotiation, communication, influencing, business planning and sales strategy development traits are paramount. Solid process orientation and the ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding time management and organizational expertise.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), contact management software, and the Internet
Barrington James is a specialist Pharmaceutical and Medical Device consultancy with well over 50 highly trained consultants that specialize in their own niche vertical markets. With offices in Europe, Asia and the US we are able offer a truly global service to both our Clients and Candidates. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work and our unrivalled market knowledge and we offer a service that is thorough, professional and intelligent.
In addition to our permanent and contract recruitment services, we provide proactive search campaigns, advertising campaigns, dedicated account management and MSP and RPO services.
If you are unsure as to whether your experience is relevant to the vacancy you are reading through, are keen to just talk through your potential options or to receive quick update on the market relevant to you, please feel free to contact me for a confidential and off the record chat on 919 838 7478 or you can email me on [click here]
Introduce a Friend or Colleague Reward!!!!
Refer a friend or a colleague to Barrington James today and earn $500 cash!
If you refer someone we are currently not aware of and we find them a new position we will give you both $500!