|City ||Jersey City|
|State ||New Jersey [NJ]|
|Title ||Jersey City, NJ - Director of Training|
|Job ID ||68336|
You provide the vision, set the pace and inspire success.
Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma America is a new division of Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation, with a proud heritage that dates back to 1678. Their scientific research and development teams have discovered and produced some of the most widely used medicines in the world. Having built a new US commercial organization, they look forward to introducing future products to America.
Syneos Health is engaged in a DIRECT HIRE search for a Director of Training and Development. This opportunity is a DIRECT HIRE position with Mitsubishi Pharma America reporting to the National Director of Sales and is based at their US Corporate HQ in Jersey City, NJ.
The Director of Training Provides leadership to and is accountable for the performance and direction through multiple layers of management and senior level professional staff. Work most often impacts a large business unit, or multiple markets/sites. They will lead the design and delivery of all training and development solutions for the field organization inclusive of Sales and Market Access. They are primarily responsible for the successful development, delivery, execution, and management of all of the Client s training-related needs; and, expected to comprehend and communicate the disease state, marketplace, and product-specific materials, as well as must possess effective facilitation and communication skills. Additionally, they will need to have a strong, fundamental understanding of the infusion business model and the Neurology Therapeutic Area.
Key Job Responsibilities (Duties may include, but are not limited to all of the following)
- Supports Field Teams and Field Team Management by leading efforts around launches, national sales meetings, plan-of-action meetings, manager meetings, onboarding, backfill training, and other training interventions
- Conducts field rides with Field Teams to provide coaching on product, marketplace, selling skills, and other topics
- Works with Field Team Management to provide coaching on managerial effectiveness and other topics
- Interfaces with Client Marketing. Operations, Market Access, and other Client key stakeholders to help identify, design, develop, and deliver relevant training
- Serves as the communication point between key stakeholders and the field teams
- Manages training vendors and provides direction regarding meeting production.
- Maintain proficient with relevant publications and market information and be prepared to implement training aligned to the marketing strategy in a timely manner.
- Over time, build out the Training Function; that is, both in capability and addition of people
- Conducts ongoing training needs analyses
- Creates and maintains a workable Training Plan to determine the goals, strategies, and tactics to be implemented to achieve client satisfaction
- Develops training concepts and associated objectives, descriptions, and sequencing for all training efforts
- Works with Field Leadership and Field Management to determine specific metrics and measurements to assess the success of training activities
- Works with Field Leadership and HR to design custom Field Coaching Report outlines if requested
- Oversees or develops content for all forms of training delivery (e.g., distance learning, e-modules, e-zines, and live training)
- Manages the medical/legal/regulatory review process for training materials and ensures that the materials move through the process in an efficient and timely manner.
- Nurtures the training concepts throughout their evolution to ensure alignment with the strategic intent of the overall brand objectives
- Engages with designated Field Team and Client HQ Members throughout the entirety of development process
- Oversees or develops live training logistical and preparation support, including scheduling assistance, printing guides, and facilities requirements
- Conducts leader or facilitator training for all developed content and provides support for delivery as requested
- Ensures that all training is designed using the best, most effective and efficient instructional design strategies and is delivered with the most effective and efficient modalities
- Oversees implementation of /leads delivery of all training programs, including onboarding, backfill training, advanced training, NSMs, and POAs virtual training
- Ensures all training output is compliant to corporate and promotion guidelines
- As needed, manages classroom environment in a manner that allows representatives to meet learning objectives
- Coordinates home-study materials and schedule
- Coordinates with Mitsubishi Pharma Learning Management System team, Operations team, and other key internal Mitsubishi Pharma stakeholders
- Coaches representatives during training classes and in evening sessions
- Evaluates the competency levels of training class participants and provides timely evaluations and feedback
- Works with sales management to formulate a representative development plan
- Manages and implements training-related communication plan
Along with a results-oriented mindset, self-assurance and an encouraging manner, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor s degree is required; an advanced degree is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years sales in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or medical device industries with 4+ years management experience required
- Experience in sales operations, market access, training and development and/or marketing highly preferred; experience in a national training
- 4+ years prior experience working in field sales administration/operations experience in the life sciences industry preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with direct reports, coworkers, managers, vendors and clients
- Problem solving skills along with excellent planning and organization skills to handle multiple priorities
- In-depth and current knowledge of pharmaceutical sales and marketing strategies including building sales incentive plans
- Ability to communicate and build relationships at all levels within the organization
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access & PowerPoint and the use of sales data reporting tools
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate and an action-oriented work ethic
- Must live a commutable distance to Jersey City, NJ.
Full Mitsubishi Pharma America Benefits
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of healthcare sales.
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
|Years Exp ||8-10|
|Position Type/Category ||Sales-Field Management|
|Recruiting Area ||Northeast|
|Travel ||About 25%|
|Minimum Education Level ||Bachelor's Degree|
|Employment Type ||Syneos Health position|