Global Category Manager & Sourcing Lead, Software
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Global Category Manager & Sourcing Lead, Software in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Global Category Manager & Sourcing Lead, Software working on the Global Procurement team, you will be empowered to support a world class procurement organization covering Information Technology and Software sub- categories, and a typical day will include:
- Leverage Takeda s global scale to take advantage of global, functional, and category synergies, while applying best practices, managing risk, and making sound decisions with agility at a global, regional, and local level.
- Provide global oversight of Information Technology and software procurement category.
- Develop global software related category management strategies, execute them and deliver against the mid-range plan (MRP), including synergy targets.
- Drive and coordinate category project management efforts of a team of resources, managing low to high complexity activities within the information technology procurement team.
- Identifies software related spend and leverages sourcing opportunities across all major business units within Takeda. Recommends strategy and leads cross company and country sourcing efforts.
- Maintains an understanding of software category trends and changing business models associated with a broad spectrum of software assets that directly affect the profitability of the corporation.
- Leads software industry analysis, interprets information and translates into actionable strategies.
- Independently manages all sourcing activities and methodology including definition of user requirements, analyzing spend and vendor usage patterns, conducting supply market analyses, development of the category sourcing strategy.
- Works closely with both internal and external parties to create software sourcing strategies, maintain accurate software assets and interfaces to applicable software asset repositories.
- Optimize IT software costs by effectively managing assets.
- Work with IT management and Finance to source, review, report and track IT software assets.
- Become and establish a team of license experts for all VF software licenses.
- Develops key performance indicators (KPIs), cost savings targets, and metrics. Evaluates suppliers against those requirements by establishing and maintaining contractual and business relationships with suppliers; monitor contract compliance.
- Achieve spend, savings cash flow, invoicing, and payment targets and KPIs within category and sub-categories.
- Full responsibility for supporting the Procurement Information Technology Project Management Office (PMO), and alignment with Takeda s vendor management office (VMO).
- Manages supplier performance including supplier scorecards and continuous improvement plans, in collaboration with the relevant Centers of Excellence.
- Proactively initiates, fosters, and manages new and existing positive relationships with many levels, including senior level, internal customers, and peers.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BA or BS required, Master s Degree preferred.
- Procurement Qualification (e.g. ISM, IPMM or MCIPS) Valued.
- Approx. 5 years working in biotech/pharma industry, or other highly regulated industries, with progressive leadership of procurement.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of supply base and sourcing business practices.
- Experience working in a complex global environment.
- Exceptionally skilled at Business Partnering and Stakeholder Management.
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Successful track record of designing and implementing complex sourcing and procurement strategies that achieved desired results within the information technology field.
- A good understanding of pricing models, metrics, licensing models, etc. with the ability to suggest contracting alternatives.
- Extensive experience in the review, negotiation and drafting of global contracts.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Demonstrate strategic enterprise thinking to find innovative ways to serve the business in a way that centers on patients and builds trust, reputation, and our business.
- Trusted partner who expresses and influences opinions by grounding them in recommendations that are best for the enterprise.
- Bias for action and ability to establish global category vision/strategies that translate into global regional, or local results.
- Creates an environment that inspires and enables people to move the organization forward.
- Leads the organization on a change journey with discipline, transparency and authenticity.
- Focuses on the few priorities that matter most and delivers superior results.
- Demonstrated abilities in high value project/program management.
- Demonstrated abilities in Business Partnering with key stakeholders in highly complex organizations.
- Leadership experience in (virtual) team management, governance models, and supplier management, both strategic and operational/day-to-day.
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in strategic sourcing, negotiating, contracting, strategic supplier management, supply chain, and procurement.
- Creative and practical problem solver.
- Highly complex mix of stakeholders across multiple bus and/or countries who have both global and local agendas.
- Highly regulated industry.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.