Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Head, Immuno-Oncology in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Head, Immuno-Oncology working on the Immuno-Oncology team, you will be empowered serve as an experienced thought leader for Immunology-Oncology within Takeda and make strategic decisions in consultation with key senior leaders to advance research projects , and a typical day will include:
- Leads and manages a cutting-edge team of externally-facing Immuno-Oncology researchers in Takeda to deliver innovative and differentiated small molecule and biologics development candidates in the area of Immuno-Oncology.
- Serves as an experienced thought leader for Immunology-Oncology within Takeda, guiding the research strategy and ensuring its successful execution while supporting talent development as a strong mentor and role model.
- Leverages up-to-date knowledge of Immuno-Oncology drug development and competitive landscape at internal governace bodies as well as at key interfaces with external partners, to guide decision making.
Collaborates with key Oncology Drug Development Unit (DDU) and partner functions to align on portfolio priorities and ensure that resources are managed appropriately to advance programs to key infection points
- Leads a talented team of Immuno-Oncology researchers at Takeda Boston to deliver an innovative and sustainable pipeline in Immuno-Oncology, across a diversity of modalities, from inception through IND to successful early clinical proof-of-concept.
- Makes strategic decisions in consultation with key senior leaders to advance research projects from target selection to clinical proof-of-concept/proof-of-mechanism.
- Evaluates preclinical/clinical-stage in-licencing and collaboration opportunities and serves as a key representative of I-O Research in Takeda in interfaces with external groups.
- Ensures the success of key external collaborations by providing appropriate collaborative support within Takeda and by serving on governance and decision-making bodies, as appropriate.
- Cutting-edge expertise and depth of knowledge in Immuno-Oncology drug development.
- Well networked and keeps up-to-date with developments in the field (e.g. competitive landscape across Immuno-Oncology R&D, emerging I-O pathways / targets, partnership opportunities, etc.)
- Supports the evaluation and review of data and serves as a key thought leader in scientific governance bodies, including the Takeda I-O Incubator and Oncology DDU Investment Board.
- Has significant organizational leadership responsibility, including primary responsibility for the Immuno-Oncology research function within Oncology DDU.
- Responsible for creating and communicating a clear vision and strategy directed towards establishment and progression of an industry-leading I-O research portfolio.
- Serves a key thought leader within the Oncology Therapeutic Area Unit, working with clinical, commercial, translational medicine, and regulatory colleagues to support Takeda s business needs.
- Provides significant input into the overall DDU portfolio and department strategy.
- Provides leadership and strategic support to other parts of the Takeda organization, as well as to to external collaborators
- Supervises I-O Biology teams and provides appropriate forums for scientific discussions and for addressing resources needs of programs according to priorities.
- Works closely with senior DDU leaders including those responsible for Biologics, Chemistry, Operations, Portfolio Governance, and Translational Science.
- Serves as a highly engaged partner with cross-functional Takeda organizations, including the Oncology TAU, TREC, CEI, Legal, Regulatory, DSRE, DMPK, etc.
- Coordinates high-level cross-divisional/departmental activities.
- Engages with external partners and KOLs.
- Cutting-edge knowledge of Immuno-Oncology R&D; ability to idenitfy and advocate for highly innovative external collaboration opportunities in close partnership with Takeda s Center for External Innovation (CEI).
- Supports Oncology DDU goal setting and tracks achievement of key performance indicators.
- Ensures that programs are resources according to department priorities and that project teams are equipped with scientific blueprints that define key go/no-go decision points.
- Develops talent within the department, providing performance feedback, training opportunities, and exposure to new assignments.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Has a Ph.D. and/or M.D. with at at least 12 years of Industry / managerial experience.
- Has completed postdoctoral training in world-renowned Immunology / Oncology lab.
- Is highly knowledgeable in Drug Discovery, and specifically in the Immunology / Immuno-Oncology area, from target identification through late preclinical research, including IND filings.
- Has a proven track record of leading multi-disciplinary immunology / Immuno-Oncology research programs as evidenced by oversight of partnerships, IND filings, high quality publications, and/or patents.
- Is highly creative, collaborative, and thrives in a dynamic matrix environment.
- Shows cross-cultural understanding and the ability to leverage diverse talents to maximize organizational productivity.
- Has exceptional communication competencies and the ability to lead discussions in key interfaces with senior stakeholders.
- Position requires flexibility for up to 20% of time to be dedicated to travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.