|State ||New Jersey [NJ]|
|Title ||Director of Strategy and Sales Operations|
|Job ID ||70109|
You re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn t cut it you ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you re known for your good nature. You ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 21,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
The primary role of the Strategy and Sales Operations (SSO) Director is to provide strategic support to Field Sales Leadership through National and Regional strategic business planning, market and brand insights, payer pull through initiatives, and tactical execution of Brand / Team business priorities. The role will focus on linking strategy to execution in order to deliver customer value and accelerate growth of aligned business objectives. The scope and scale of the role will adapt to meet the expanding needs of the client partnership.
The SSO Director will facilitate a culture of accountability through ongoing cadence discussions with inVentiv Field Leaders (SLLs, FLLs), inVentiv internal partners (Business Analytics, HR, Commercial Capabilities, Client Services) and client stakeholders (Brand, Sales Leadership, Commercial Operations) to identify scalable business practices and to problem solve potential field barriers to effective execution. It will be essential to recognize and leverage voice of the field insights to inform and influence sales leadership, priorities and field initiatives in order to enable a high performance environment.
The SSO Director will be the business lead for field force effectiveness, customer guidance deployment, and sales team alignment. The Director will also monitor and maximize business model effectiveness through KPI development and field team alignment. The SSO Director is the General Manager s main point of contact to for strategic insights, Lead and Lag performance, continuous improvement initiatives and field force execution.
This opportunity is with our Selling Solutions team, which partners with top tier pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology companies to provide better, smarter, faster solutions for the industry. Take part in leading the transformation of healthcare by joining the largest provider of outsourced commercial solutions to the healthcare industry. High-level details in one sentence about the role. More
- Identify and leverage business insights to inform and influence Sales leadership and strategic decision making
- Understanding of key business drivers, metrics, and factors that reflect inVentiv contractual metrics and field effectiveness, along with the ability to offer assessments and insights into actual vs. desired performance on a regular basis.
- Lead the alignment, coordination and measurement of national/ sub national business planning, resource allocation and payer pull through tactics
- Actively measure Regional / National business performance against KPIs / market dynamics, initiate action planning when and where appropriate
- Scale sub national tactics that lead to increased performance against business priorities and objectives
- Influence regional leadership planning and decision making through business insights and regional performance against KPIs, BU priorities and local opportunities
- Actively participate in the business review process to add business insights, feedback, scale successful execution tactics and ensure alignment to Team business priorities
- Conduct ad hoc analytics to uncover business insights for sales leadership tactical planning and monitoring sales performance
- Lead the alignment and coordination with stakeholders to directly impact Field Sales Team performance
- Stakeholders: GM, NBDs, SLLs, FLLs Business Analytics, Client Services, HR, Recruiting, and key Client matrix partners
- Sustain engagement with internal stakeholders to influence support for National / Regional tactical execution, problem solving, and resource allocation, technical assistance
- Remain fully versed in promotional compliance regulations including legal and regulatory and ensure sales team is promoting product within Company s guidelines and that only approved promotional materials and messaging are being used in the field;
- Works closely with Sales Leadership, Training, Alignment, IC, CRM, and Data teams to provide insights and recommendations for field action to respond to data trends, alerts, or findings from analytics work.
- Leverage voice of the field insights that informs and influences sales leadership, priorities and field initiatives
- Maintain a high level of engagement with field sales leadership to continuously assess culture and influence plans to build capabilities
- Participate in SLL / FLL business reviews to provide business insights, scale successful execution and align opportunities and on problem solving
- Champion voice of the field to influence organizational priorities, actions and leadership / sales meeting content planning
- Enhance sub-national recognition across the team and local sales leadership
- Conduct regular meetings with the account and field sales management teams as well as periodic interaction with representatives to discuss program issues, training needs and personnel development.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years experience in Pharmaceutical Industry
- 5+ years as a Sales Leader
- Advanced Business Degree / MBA
- 2+ Years Second Line Leader
- Field Force Effectiveness and Commercial Operations Experience
- Launch and Team building experience.
- Ability to negotiate and influence cross-functionally.
- Proven, successful history in leadership and motivational role
- Strong client relationship management skills
- Ability to multitask, work under deadlines, manage customer expectations and execute timely deliverables
- Experienced in creating field effectiveness programs to ensure strong field adoption and utilization of analytics tools and reports, resulting in tangible business results
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
Full Syneos Health benefits which include:
- Competitive compensation and bonus
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision package
- Matching 401K
- Dedicated training and support
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses and other personalized quality of life conveniences
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)
|Position Type/Category ||Sales-Field Management|
|Recruiting Area ||Southeast|
|Minimum Education Level ||Bachelor's Degree|
|Employment/Job Type ||Full Time|
|Employment Type ||Syneos Health position|