|State ||New Jersey [NJ]|
|Title ||Senior Vice President of Field Medical|
|Job ID ||70035|
You provide the vision, set the pace and inspire success.
There s one thing you do that s exceptional: lead. You formulate a plan and empower your team to provide clinical expertise to health care providers helping them to improve patient outcomes. Your capacity to creatively strategize, motivate clinicians, and elicit achievement makes you the right fit for a Senior Vice President of Field Medical role with Syneos Health.
Why Syneos Health? Join a groundbreaking network of more than 21,000 employees worldwide with the ability to service clients in over 100 countries. Take part in offering world-class therapeutic expertise to leading biopharmaceutical companies so they can focus on what they do best - prevent and treat disease. You'll provide the brilliant ideas, valuable insight and relentless energy that drive biopharma products from lab to life. In the past five years, inVentiv Health has helped to develop or commercialize 84% of novel new drugs approved by the FDA and 70% of products granted marketing authorization by the EMA. Our laser focus on healthcare professionals allows you to join our team of more than 1,000 nurses, pharmacists and related healthcare professionals. Our accomplished team consists of 291 MDs, 486 PhDs, Pharma Voice 100 Recipients, HBA Rising Stars and Luminaries, and PM 360 Elite Award Winners.
|Responsibilities ||The Senior Vice President of Field Medical (SVPFM) has primary accountability to meet or exceed business goals for all assigned field medical teams. You will direct and manage all Field Medical personnel across multiple client accounts as prescribed by the EVP of Payer Access and Medical. You will ensure that by managing our MSLs and Clinical Educators, our clients expectations and goals are identified, measureable, time-bound, and attainable. You will identify, develop, and implement actions to achieve operational excellence and cost efficiency and will cultivate long-term relationships with other Syneos Health senior management across the Clinical and Commercial business segments. You will be a trusted partner in providing strategic insight and clinical knowledge in support of proposal responses and awarded projects, and will also play an integral role in organizing and directing the activities of Field Medical teams. You will:|
- Develop and grow the Field Medical practice that is "best in class" and the leading supplier of contracted MSLs and Nurse Educators within the pharmaceutical and biotech industries.
- Build and leads high-performance teams by establishing clear performance standards, hiring and retaining the best talent and structuring development strategies.
- Identify the core competencies required to develop and influence relationships based on scientific interchange and to develop the organization staff and future leaders.
- Guide, develop and implement strategic MSL and Nurse team objectives
- Work strategically with internal department heads and other Syneos Health divisions to provide integrated and convergent solutions to customers where applicable.
- Review all Field Medical business proposals, financial, and performance metrics.
- Participate in business presentations, transition, expectations, and launch meetings to gain customer business and loyalty.
- Oversee training, development, and review of employees within the business unit.
- Establish and maintain a positive work environment that rewards accomplishment and encourages advancement and retention of key employees.
- Ability to travel 60% (including overnight travel) and possess a valid driver s license to drive to assignments, unless otherwise specified.
Along with your ability to remain at the forefront of your field, you must possess:
- Terminal degree (PharmD, MD, PhD) preferred
- Minimum 8 years leadership and MSL or Nurse Educator team management experience
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Superior presentation and listening skills and commitment to instilling standards of excellence at every level in the Medical Affairs organization
- Strength in clinical, business, and emotional intelligence as well as information systems and technology
- Ability to lead teams, programs and discussions for business opportunities
- Ability to articulate the value proposition to existing and potential customers
- Ability to create credibility with customers that leads to business growth
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to adapt to changing internal and external environments
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of clinical education.
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
|Years Exp ||8-10|
|Date Added ||5/23/2018|
|Position Type/Category ||Clinical Field Management (MSL, CDE, CNE)|
|Recruiting Area ||Clinical|
|Travel ||More than 50%|
|Minimum Education Level ||Masters Degree|
|Employment Type ||Syneos Health position|