|City ||Los Angeles|
|State ||California [CA]|
|Title ||Neuroscience Medical Science Liaison Director|
|Job ID ||69983|
There's one thing you do that's exceptional: Lead.
You formulate a plan and empower your team to provide clinical expertise to health care providers helping them to improve patient outcomes. Your capacity to creatively strategize, motivate MSLs and elicit achievement makes you the right fit for an MSL Team Director role with Syneos Health.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 21,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Syneos Health has launched more than 120 sales teams in the last 5 years across all major Therapeutic Areas - more than the top 25 pharma companies combined. We offer you more than just one job. The diversification and breadth of Syneos Health creates a multitude of career paths and employment opportunities. Our client roster consists of more than 550 organizations including all 50 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
The MSL Team Director, in collaboration with the Senior MSL Director, is responsible for hiring, leading, managing, and developing the National MSLs in the United States within US Medical. As such, the Director plans, organizes, and monitors his/her MSL team activities to ensure alignment with the US medical affairs strategies and clinical development. This role will also facilitate and manage the team's appropriate internal information sharing and coordination (e.g., with relevant U.S. commercial teams and across all regions) to ensure that they are conducted in compliance with the company s internal and external policies, guidelines, and regulations.
The Director s primary responsibility is to manage and develop a team of field-based medical professionals based across the United States that contribute to Janssen Neuroscience s ability to:
- Communicate new and other important approved medical content to prioritized medical health care professionals (HCPs) in local or regional markets , and engage in other approved communications in accordance with approved US guidance;
- Deliver truthful, accurate, balanced, and scientifically supported information in response to unsolicited medical requests from health care professionals in a manner that complies with all applicable the company guidelines, policies, and procedures; and
- Provide portfolio and individual product expertise for regional and other Medical Affairs and/or clinical development needs as approved by US leadership (e.g. formulary presentations; field force training, organized customer projects/collaborations, national and regional scientific congress participation, the company-sponsored research site / investigator interactions, respiratory product expertise for the company-sponsored IIS inquiries etc.). Complete all assigned training by Syneos and J&J including therapeutic and compliance
Along with your ability to remain at the forefront of your field, you must possess:
- Doctorate level scientific degree is required (PharmD, PhD, MD or equivalent)
- 3+ years experience as manager of field based MSLs
- 5+ years of experience as an MSL preferably in Neuroscience
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated effectiveness to work cross-divisionally as well as independently
- Knowledge of clinical trial design and protocol development
- Knowledge of analysis of clinical data and pharmacology
- Knowledge of principles of pharmacoeconomics
- Knowledge of formulary presentations
Full Syneos Health benefits which include:
- Competitive compensation, bonuses, and fleet vehicle
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision package
- Matching 401K
- Dedicated training and support
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses and other personalized quality of life conveniences
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of clinical education.
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
|Years Exp ||4-5|
|Position Type/Category ||Clinical Field Management (MSL, CDE, CNE)|
|Recruiting Area ||Clinical|
|Travel ||More than 50%|
|Minimum Education Level ||Doctorate|
|Employment/Job Type ||Full Time|
|Employment Type ||Syneos Health position|