|State ||New Jersey [NJ]|
|Title ||Director, Operational Support Services|
|Job ID ||69013|
You re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn t cut it you ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you re known for your good nature. You ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 21,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Here, there s no shortage of challenging work, learning and opportunities. Because we offer many services to varied clients, our knowledgeable professionals gain experience across a large section of the industry. Our client roster consists of more than 550 organizations including all 50 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
The primary role of the Operational Support Services (OSS) Director is to not only manage all internal client work-streams but strategically work with all Operational and Client Service teams to implement best practices and standards across the organization. The OSS Director will act as lead on new client project stand-ups and ensure an effective transition to the assigned Project Lead. The scope and scale of the role will adapt to meet the expanding needs of the client partnership.
The primary purpose of the role is to lead and ensure the timely implementation and effective operations of existing and new commercial solutions contracted to support the client s commercial sales and capabilities efforts. The continued output is to deliver scalable and sustainable operational models and solutions that will serve as a blueprint for future customer needs. This is accomplished through partnerships with multiple business partners and stakeholders throughout both Syneos Health and the client. Operational components include, but not limited to: Client Services, Project Management, Commercial Capabilities, Ways of Working, Communications, Change Management, Compliance, Samples, Promotional Materials and Systems/Tools. These business partnerships require leadership in decision making, influencing skills, and managing complexity. The OSS Director is responsible to ensure that the implementation and operational processes that are created and developed for all of the client projects / solutions, meet criteria to ensure risk management, financial return and organizational sustainability for Syneos Health. The OSS Director is the main point of contact across all new client projects and work-streams and will work closely with the Head of Sales Operations to ensure sustainability.
Key Job Responsibilities:
(Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following)
- Lead as single point of contact for oversight of development and implementation for operational initiatives enabling Syneos to effectively manage multiple types of outsourced commercial services and teams.
- Ensure the operational and implementation processes for new commercial solutions are efficient, sustainable, mitigate risk, and optimize the financial investment for Syneos.
- Strategize with Syneos and client Commercial Leaders to develop and implement operational tools, processes, and ways of working that enable delivery of results today and build a blueprint to leverage for future projects of similar scope.
- Lead stakeholders in evaluating and developing implementation and operational requirements for each contracted team to optimize efficiencies and effectiveness of outsourced teams or solutions.
- Operational components of responsibility include: Ways of Working, Communications, Change Management, Field Alignments and Deployment, Training (all aspects), Compliance, Samples, Promotional Materials, Staffing and Systems/Tools.
- Lead the cross-organizational and cross-functional teams to seek continuous improvement to processes and systems that allow for sustainability.
- Provide oversight to other supporting roles such as Project Managers and Client/Operational Support Managers to ensure project success
- Act as first line of contact for Client partners and work-stream leads during the operational phase of the client project.
- Review and prioritize all work-stream deliverables
- Manage high visibility projects directly as needed
- Track resource utilization to properly align stakeholders to projects
- Engage with clients to facilitate productive continuous improvement activities.
- Provide oversight for system migrations, new client implementations, client expansion projects, and new process implementations.
- Depending on scope and complexity of each project, may need to coordinate (PM, OMs) and support the following deliverables: communication plan, resource plan, risk management plan, scope baseline, work breakdown structure, project schedule, cost management plan, quality management plan for each project assigned.
- Manage/compile insightful data if data collection is part of an initiated project.
- Hold periodic project status meetings with internal team and client.
- Ensure all project documentation is maintained in an aligned repository
- Manage sign-off of key deliverables associated with initiated projects
- Work closely with Domain leads and functional managers to drive project success
- Provide Sales and Operations Leadership with updates on timelines, deliverables and budgetary issues for each client project as they are initiated.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years experience in a commercial operations/client services/project manager role
- 5+ years as a first line leader in a commercial operations role
- Advanced Business Degree
- Project Management/Team leadership experience in a commercial operations role
- Client management experience
- Second Line Leadership
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams for high performance
- Resource Management including scheduling, tracking, and estimating work effort
- Strong analytical approach with metrics creation for tracking of project and business results
- Knowledge of commercial operations functions and project-management
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Conflict resolution
- Good group facilitation skills
- Detail oriented / analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong initiative and a self-starter
- Planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of information systems & logistics as it relates to client needs.
- Specific knowledge of client business and operations.
- Pharmaceutical industry knowledge
- Customer Service skills.
- Skill in Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Skill in troubleshooting, problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Ability to translate customer needs into technical requirements
Benefits: At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which Our People can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance;
- Competitive Compensation and Bonuses
- Generous Paid Time Off & Company Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision package
- Matching 401k
- Dedicated Training and support
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Referral Bonuses other personalized quality of life conveniences
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)
|Position Type/Category ||Sales-Field Management|
|Recruiting Area ||Northeast|
|Travel ||About 25%|
|Minimum Education Level ||Bachelor's Degree|
|Employment Type ||Syneos Health position|