|City ||Des Moines|
|State ||Iowa [IA]|
|Title ||Home Health Educator - Des Moines, IA|
|Job ID ||68119|
You re a nurse, a patient advocate and an educator and you excel at every one of them.
If there s one thing your years of clinical training and patient education have taught you, it s how to manage priorities, and move seamlessly from one challenge to the next. You get people to listen to your wise advice, and to overcome their fears of new and existing medical therapies by instilling confidence and sharing expertise while displaying passion. It s time to turn those diverse talents to an exciting new field, and become an integral part of the Clinical Education team with Syneos Health.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 21,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
In this role, you'll provide clinical expertise to patients through utilization of your clinical nursing skills and education, helping them to improve patient outcomes. In this flexible role, you'll work directly with patients to educate them on their disease state and teach them how to use their well-known and well-respected injection treatment. Focusing on disease state education and training, you will:
- Work on an "as needed" basis
- Be available to conduct the training within 5 days of the assignment request or at the convenience of the patient
- Provide post-prescription education and demonstration to patients and caregivers on the proper use of product, application, disease state education and other messaging as approved by client
- Conduct post-training follow up call to patients if necessary
Along with your energy and versatility, you must possess:
- An active Registered Nurse licensure (cannot have had a license revoked in any state)
- Experience in short bowell syndrome preferred
- At least two - five years' clinical or related experience in injection training and education.
- Availability to work 2 or more days/week providing in home patient injection training, this includes nights and weekends
- Comfort with personal technologies such as iPhones, apps, and health portals
- Ability to travel and possess a valid driver's license to drive to assignments, unless otherwise specified
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of clinical education.
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
|Position Type/Category ||Clinical/Nurse Educator/Nurse/CDE|
|Recruiting Area ||Clinical|
|Travel ||More than 50%|
|Minimum Education Level ||Assoc. Degree|
|Employment/Job Type ||Per Diem|
|Employment Type ||Syneos Health position|