|State ||New Jersey [NJ]|
|Date Open ||12/8/2017|
|Title ||Operations Manager - Pharmaceutical|
|Job ID ||66983|
You re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn t cut it you ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you re known for your good nature. You ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 21,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Here, there s no shortage of challenging work, learning and opportunities. Because we offer many services to varied clients, our knowledgeable professionals gain experience across a large section of the industry. Our client roster consists of more than 550 organizations including all 50 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
This opportunity is with our Selling Solutions team, which partners with top tier pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology companies to provide better, smarter, faster solutions for the industry. Take part in leading the transformation of healthcare by joining the largest provider of outsourced commercial solutions to the healthcare industry. The Operations Manager is responsible/accountable to manage all implementation and operational activities necessary to meet the Client s/internal business lead s needs/expectations, business objectives, and contractual metrics for all assigned sales, nurse, market access, and/or medical science liaison teams (projects). Number of assigned projects/teams can vary from being dedicated to a single project, to managing several projects, either for the same Client, or for several different Clients. Number of assignments is dependent on scope and complexity of each project. Key activities include performance or oversight of the assigned project s administrative tasks, coordination and oversight of interdepartmental operational efforts to support the project, and coordination/communication of reports (regularly scheduled and ad hoc) and operational updates during the initial implementation of a project as well as post deployment (steady state). More specifically:
Key Job Responsibilities:
(Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following)
- Act as operational liaison between the Client and the internal support team. For purposes of clarification, the client is considered to be the project s internal business lead (such as National Business Director, National Program Manager, Senior MSL, Business Development, Operations Director, Executive VP, etc) or relevant client home office personnel.
- As the primary administrative operational liaison, ensure contracted operations meet the needs of the business. This will require constant communication with key individuals about the status of issues/resolutions and deliverables.
- Coordinate between appropriate internal service departments and applicable external vendors to accomplish project essential tasks and deliverables.
- Training, managing, communicating with, and monitoring the quality of work of assigned to administrative staff , if applicable.
- Provide proactive guidance and management of project and leverage/share best practices whenever possible.
- Prioritize and set expectations on activities / responsibilities with internal project business lead. This may include bringing them up to speed on capabilities/limitations so they can make informed decisions and manage client expectations.
- Plan and oversee field sales force meetings including site logistics and travel arrangements.
- Facilitation of communications to field personnel per management direction
- Generate periodic updates to keep business team apprised of operational state. Assist internal project business lead in preparing formal presentations to include collating data. These updates could be verbal or standard/ad-hoc reports. If applicable, this includes careful review of reports to ensure comprehensive and accurate information.
- Assist internal project business lead in managing the project s budget. This includes monitoring invoices, monthly monitoring of budget, verify receipt and payments, coordinate monitoring of contractual SLA s and fees associated with performance of SLA s, if applicable.
- Responsible for the management of the expense reporting process. This includes careful monitoring of individuals and projects, responding to and resolving employee and manager issues, interfacing with the expense reporting and finance departments.
- Attend client/project meetings, as required. Overnight travel may be required.
- Responsible for monitoring project parameters, establishing bonus eligibility, and facilitating payout of field employee bonus within project guidelines
- Performance and coordination of activities to facilitate the onboarding and off-boarding of field personnel
- Liaison with Human Resources for personnel actions, as needed
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of administrative and technical operational support that is provided to your assigned project(s).
- Familiarization of and adherence to all processes, tools, and technology for those departments that directly support your assigned project(s).
- Coordinate with business lead to help shepherd contracts and statements of work through pricing and approval process.
- Other duties as applicable to your assigned projects. These duties will be outlined in an annual goals and objective process and evaluated in an annual performance management process.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- BA/BS Degree or 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience successfully managing/coordinating multiple departments and/or organizations to meet business objectives
- Operations Management, Account Management, or equivalent experience in the life sciences industry
- Experience with Sales Force Automation, CRM, Reporting & Analytics and other applicable supporting technology and systems such as expense management, travel administration, learning management, etc
- 4+ years of prior life sciences industry-specific experience working in field sales administration/operations
- Knowledge of and exposure to Medical Affairs, Market Access, Nurse and TeleSolutions programs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Proven leadership skills.
- Attention to detail
- Fundamental understanding and application of project management principles and skills
- Strong aptitude towards usage of automated systems; technology focused
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
Full Syneos Health benefits which include:
- Competitive compensation and bonus
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision package
- Matching 401K
- Dedicated training and support
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses and other personalized quality of life conveniences
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
|Years Exp ||8-10|
|Position Type/Category ||Project Management|
|Recruiting Area ||Corporate Direct|
|Travel ||About 25%|
|Minimum Education Level ||High School|
|Employment/Job Type ||Full Time|
|Employment Type ||Syneos Health position|