|State ||Massachusetts [MA]|
|Date Open ||9/5/2017|
|Title ||Sr. Desktop Support Engineer (Contract Role)|
|Job ID ||66561|
You re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn t cut it you ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you re known for your good nature. You ll fit right in at INC Research/inVentiv Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why INC Research/inVentiv Health? Join our groundbreaking global network of more than 22,000 employees with the ability to service clients in over 110 countries. As part of the only fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization, you ll be connected to a multitude of career paths and employment opportunities. You ll be supported with comprehensive resources based on today s emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge instead of practices from the past. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you ll gain exposure and work with endless energy in a dynamic environment to over-deliver and outperform. You ll integrate seamlessly with our clients and do what s best for their success. In a recent five-year period, INC Research/inVentiv Health has helped to develop or commercialize 82% of novel new drugs approved by the FDA and 70% of products granted marketing authorization by the EMA.
Here, there s no shortage of challenging work, learning and opportunities. Because we offer many services to varied clients, our knowledgeable professionals gain experience across a large section of the industry. Our client roster consists of more than 550 organizations including all 50 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for building, maintaining and troubleshooting corporate computing devices / services at all levels of the organization in addition to working on various projects and IT operations tasks. This may include but is not limited to desktops, laptops, and mobile devices for both local and remote users. The candidate must feel comfortable in a fast-paced, team-based environment and have strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills. Providing executive support
is a crucial part of this job.
This is an internal temporary role running through the end of the year.
This job is located in our Boston office.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Perform laptop builds, backup and restore, break / fix as necessary.
- Support the executive team
- Walk customer through problem-solving process.
- Create/Maintain/Deploy corporate images to computing devices.
- Backup experience (client / server) is required.
- Add/Remove/Modify accounts
- Email accounts using Active Directory.
- Setup, configure and troubleshoot mobile devices.
- (s)FTP account creation
- Manage/monitor virus controls / infections.
- Network printer setup and basic maintenance.
- Handle receipt and asset management for all IT related equipment.
- Maintain asset records for IT related hardware.
- Administer/setup and deploy desktop phones to users.
- Assist with the day-to-day maintenance of company s PCs and Cisco IP phone system. MAC experiences a strong plus.
- Assist department manager in on-going assessment and technology refresh of PCs; will require research and evaluation of hardware and software.
- Microsoft Outlook configuration and troubleshooting skills
- Utilize ticketing system to track all support calls. Assist corporate and remote employees with PC problems and requests.
- Procure IT Assets such as PC s, mobile devices, and other peripherals
- Participate on the on-call rotation
- Write training manuals.
- Train computer users.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor s degree and/or greater than 3 years of experience.
- Executive support experience in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent at PC Hardware Configuration and Troubleshooting
- MAC Hardware Configuration and Troubleshooting a plus
- Experience with network equipment a strong plus.
- Experience with (MDM) mobile management device management software like Mobile-Iron or equivalent.
- Experience with MS Exchange 2007/2010 administration
- Team player with first rate customer service skills are a MUST, with a professional and personable manner.
- In depth knowledge of computer workstations, desktops and laptops
- Knowledge and understanding if ITIL standards, ideally ITIL certified.
- Expert diagnostic troubleshooting skills.
- In depth knowledge of Ghost 7/8, Windows, and all MS Office Products
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and planning skills.
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
INC Research/inVentiv Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
|Years Exp ||2-3|
|Position Type/Category ||Information Technology|
|Recruiting Area ||TPS|
|Minimum Education Level ||Assoc. Degree|
|Employment/Job Type ||Temporary|
|Company [Job Posting] ||InVentiv Health|