|State ||New Jersey [NJ]|
|Date Open ||8/11/2017|
|Title ||Clinical PMO Director|
|Job ID ||66177|
You re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn t cut it you ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you re known for your good nature. You ll fit right in at INC Research/inVentiv Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why INC Research/inVentiv Health? Join our groundbreaking global network of more than 22,000 employees with the ability to service clients in over 110 countries. As part of the only fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization, you ll be connected to a multitude of career paths and employment opportunities. You ll be supported with comprehensive resources based on today s emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge instead of practices from the past. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you ll gain exposure and work with endless energy in a dynamic environment to over-deliver and outperform. You ll integrate seamlessly with our clients and do what s best for their success. In a recent five-year period, INC Research/inVentiv Health has helped to develop or commercialize 82% of novel new drugs approved by the FDA and 70% of products granted marketing authorization by the EMA.
Here, there s no shortage of challenging work, learning and opportunities. Because we offer many services to varied clients, our knowledgeable professionals gain experience across a large section of the industry. Our client roster consists of more than 550 organizations including all 50 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
The Clinical PMO Director will manage a team of Project Managers (PMs) primarily focused on Clinical systems / applications delivery. This position will have ~10 direct reports, including both employee and contractor PMs. Reporting to the PMO & Delivery Lead within the Business Technology (BT) Organization, this person will have responsibility for standardizing & improving project delivery processes / SDLC; interviewing, hiring, and managing talented project management professionals; forward looking supply / demand tracking for PMs; closely collaborating with another PMO Lead managing PMs who are focused on other technology projects (e.g. Infrastructure, Corporate, and Commercial projects) to ensure the two teams operate as one; and facilitating Clinical project portfolio reviews with the BT Leadership Team (BTLT) and the CIO. This position will be a leader within BT and will have overall responsibility for the delivery of technology projects for the Clinical division. The Project Director needs to have a passion for process improvement; project management; leading, inspiring, motivating, and coaching people; and be a master planner to ensure PM capacity is always optimal for the overall technology project workload. Experience in a highly regulated industry is prefered. Knowledge of 21 CFR Part 11 is a plus.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- 5 years experience leading a technology PMO
- 10 years collective experience as a PM and PMO Lead
- Proven experience managing teams of similar sizes (~10 individuals); including employee direct reports with responsibilities including hiring, performance evaluations, etc.
- Proven experience identifying and implementing multiple department-wide process improvements
- Knowledge of the regulatory requirements necessary for Clinical technology projects, and experience working on Clinical projects either as a PM or PMO Lead
- Proven expertise in various PM delivery methodologies and frameworks, including waterfall, agile, and hybrid approaches
- Proven ability to develop and get approval for business cases
- Proven experience managing geographically distributed teams
- Proven experience managing financials for projects and departments
- Excellent communication (written and oral), estimation, and analytical skills
- Willingness and ability to travel (~10-20%)
- Preferred PMP certification
- Preferred Process improvement certification & hands-on experience (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean, etc.)
- Preferred Technology / Management Consulting experience
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
Full INC Research/inVentiv Health benefits which include:
- Competitive compensation and bonus
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision package
- Matching 401K
- Dedicated training and support
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses and other personalized quality of life conveniences
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
INC Research/inVentiv Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
|Years Exp ||8-10|
|Position Type/Category ||Project Management|
|Recruiting Area ||Corporate Direct|
|Minimum Education Level ||Bachelor's Degree|
|Employment/Job Type ||Full Time|
|Company [Job Posting] ||InVentiv Health|