|State ||New Jersey [NJ]|
|Title ||Strategic Business Partner|
|Job ID ||66095|
You re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn t cut it you ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you re known for your good nature. You ll fit right in at INC Research/inVentiv Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why INC Research/inVentiv Health? Join a groundbreaking network of more than 22,000 employees in 110 offices worldwide with the ability to service clients in over 90 countries. Take part in offering world-class therapeutic expertise to leading biopharmaceutical companies so they can focus on what they do best - prevent and treat disease. You ll provide the brilliant ideas, valuable insight and relentless energy that drive biopharma products from lab to life. In the past five years, INC Research/inVentiv Health has helped to develop or commercialize 81% of novel new drugs approved by the FDA and 70% of products granted marketing authorization by the EMA.
Here, there s no shortage of challenging work, learning and opportunities. Because we offer many services to varied clients, our knowledgeable professionals gain experience across a large section of the industry. Our client roster consists of more than 550 leading Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Life Sciences and Healthcare payer companies and all 50 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
As a Strategic Business Partner you will work closely with clients to understand their business, the challenges they face, and how best to introduce technology as an enabler to support them in achieving their goals and operational effectiveness. The position is the first line of contact that is accountable for all technical solutions related to all aspects of technology such as Strategic Thought Leadership, Business Intelligence (BI), Knowledge Management, Tool and Vendor selection, and all general BT requests needed to enable the area.
The Strategic Business Partner will work together with our Selling Solutions team.
This role has four equally important responsibilities that are further described below. The categorization of these responsibilities are: Engagement Management, Thought Leadership, Portfolio Management, Project Ownership. More specifically:
- Engagement management responsibilities involve owning and maintaining client relationships as the single point of contact and accountability with Senior Leaders within the organization. As a Business Partner, you will represent Business Technology, and be able to provide valuable thought leadership to our clients that helps drive business success.
- Thought leadership will be expected to help drive the creation or enhancement of solutions that focus on addressing advanced business challenges and needs that drive efficiency and performance effectiveness for the business and BT.
- Portfolio Management in this position outlines your responsibility for managing business / client requests, demand planning, portfolio and financial management for all BT engagements.
- Project Ownership as a responsibility requires you to understand the status of all initiatives in your area, as well as understand how they work and integrate into the business ecosystem. Additionally, you will support BT Project management in working collaboratively across all BT functions, vendors, and other internal teams to ensure successful delivery of your initiatives.
- Understands client s operational needs and strategic direction, specifically in relation to overall commercial goals, technology system use and capabilities, information processes and performance objectives
- Identify opportunities where technology can provide competitive advantage and game-changing innovation
- Identify new industry and emerging technology solutions that will add value to your client s business
- Shape thinking on how technology solutions support the goals of the business
- Manage and sets stakeholder expectations
- Work with clients, business partners, and other stakeholders to develop business justifications, scope of deliverables, RFPs, and explorations of solution options
- Perform business and functional analysis activities for projects as required
- Analyze business requests to determine the best approach to creating successful resolution delivery solutions/projects effectively and efficiently
- Help business colleagues understand service offerings available from internal BT service providers
- Secure appropriate resources for projects, engaging with the business, and facilitating project delivery
- Collaborate with other business partners and BT Leadership to develop and execute technology strategies
- Facilitate technology initiatives which directly impact client s portfolio
- Collaborate with internal client, prepare business case(s) for BT investment and present to governance body
- Ensure business unit sponsorship, at the appropriate level, for all initiatives
- Ensure that all customer expectations have been met through delivery of services or projects
- Align BT services with current and future needs of the business and its customers while improving quality of services delivered
- End-to-end accountability for project success for projects driven out of BT.
- Identify, manage, and bring to resolution all project risks/ issues. Escalate major project risks to scope, budget, or timeline to appropriate escalation points in a timely manner
- Review projects when complete against business case to ensure projected benefits are being realized
- Ensure all projects are delivered with minimum business disruption and high user satisfaction
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
Training & Education:
- Preferred Education: BS, MS, MBA
- Preferred Discipline(s): Business Management, Information Technology
- Somerset, NJ
- Some travel required
Full INC Research/inVentiv Health benefits which include:
- Competitive compensation and bonus
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision package
- Matching 401K
- Dedicated training and support
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses and other personalized quality of life conveniences
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
INC Research/inVentiv Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
|Position Type/Category ||Information Technology|
|Recruiting Area ||Corporate Direct|
|Minimum Education Level ||Bachelor's Degree|
|Employment/Job Type ||Full Time|
|Company [Job Posting] ||InVentiv Health|