|State ||New Jersey [NJ]|
|Title ||Scala Spark Developer|
|Job ID ||64857|
You re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn t cut it you ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you re known for your good nature. You ll fit right in at inVentiv Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why inVentiv Health? Join a groundbreaking network of more than 15,000 employees in 110 offices worldwide with the ability to service clients in over 90 countries. Take part in offering world-class therapeutic expertise to leading biopharmaceutical companies so they can focus on what they do best - prevent and treat disease. You ll provide the brilliant ideas, valuable insight and relentless energy that drive biopharma products from lab to life. In the past five years, inVentiv Health has helped to develop or commercialize 81% of novel new drugs approved by the FDA and 70% of products granted marketing authorization by the EMA.
Here, there s no shortage of challenging work, learning and opportunities. Because we offer many services to varied clients, our knowledgeable professionals gain experience across a large section of the industry. Our client roster consists of more than 550 leading Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Life Sciences and Healthcare payer companies and all 20 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
- Understands specifications about business requirements and mapping rules and to design and codes programs.
- Participate in design and architecture sessions
- Review, analyze test, and debug code and maintains testing results.
- Update appropriate documents.
- Perform code reviews
- Participate in code release and deployment activities as well updating in GitHub.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
Bachelor s degree in Engineering, Operations Research/Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, or other quantitatively-oriented discipline
- 3-5 years experience as a Senior Scala Developer.
- Must have expertise in Spark / Scala programming.
- Experience with NoSQL DB - Cassandra.
- Must have knowledge with ETL and some exposure to data warehousing.
- Experience in building data pipelines jobs.
- Able to implement data security & governance processes at every step of data acquisition, transformations and on-demand data services.
- Able to implement API data pulls/pushes from third party data vendors/platforms.
- Good understanding of Core Java.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience related to pharmaceuticals industry is a plus
- Knowledge of typical pharmaceutical data sources (physician-level prescribing, SFDC data etc.) is a plus
- Intellectual curiosity, along with excellent problem-solving and quantitative skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Ability to independently own and drive model development, balancing demands and deadlines
- Ability to communicate analytical and technical content in an easy to understand way
- Strong people skills, team-orientation and a professional attitude
Full inVentiv Health benefits which include:
- Competitive compensation and bonus
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision package
- Matching 401K
- Dedicated training and support
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses and other personalized quality of life conveniences
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
inVentiv Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
|Position Type/Category ||Information Technology|
|Recruiting Area ||Corporate Direct|
|Minimum Education Level ||Bachelor's Degree|
|Employment/Job Type ||Full Time|