|State ||New Jersey [NJ]|
|Date Open ||2/27/2017|
|Title ||Associate Director, Systems Engineering|
|Job ID ||64810|
You re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn t cut it you ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you re known for your good nature. You ll fit right in at inVentiv Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why inVentiv Health? Join a groundbreaking network of more than 15,000 employees in 110 offices worldwide with the ability to service clients in over 90 countries. Take part in offering world-class therapeutic expertise to leading biopharmaceutical companies so they can focus on what they do best - prevent and treat disease. You ll provide the brilliant ideas, valuable insight and relentless energy that drive biopharma products from lab to life. In the past five years, inVentiv Health has helped to develop or commercialize 81% of novel new drugs approved by the FDA and 70% of products granted marketing authorization by the EMA.
Here, there s no shortage of challenging work, learning and opportunities. Because we offer many services to varied clients, our knowledgeable professionals gain experience across a large section of the industry. Our client roster consists of more than 550 leading Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Life Sciences and Healthcare payer companies and all 20 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
The Associate Director, Systems Engineering is responsible for leading application systems engineering projects and activities for all business segments within inVentiv Health. The Associate Director of System Engineering has a key role in driving the design and implementation of new complex vendor supplied application platforms. You will apply your considerable technical expertise to help ensure robust, fit for purpose deployments of vendor platforms that work within our company s computing environment. Vendor platforms may be deployed on-premises, vendor hosted, or delivered using one of the contemporary cloud delivery models.
This role can be located in Somerset, NJ, Westerville, Ohio or Princeton, NJ.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provides systems engineering technical leadership on projects that result in new or enhanced capabilities for the company
- Works directly with internal and external clients and partners to plan and execute work activities that result in timely, on-budget, high quality technology deploymentsProduces detailed technical design specifications, architecture plans, and related design artifacts that include the application hosting environment, database, network and other necessary elements
- Performs deep technical analysis on different approaches to realizing new or enhanced capabilities and makes recommendations to leadership
- Conducts application performance tests to confirm and recommend appropriate hosting environment resources
- Establishes and conducts processes for performance monitoring and tuning application platforms
- Leads and coordinates the work of others including direct reports, colleagues from other departments, and professional services contractors
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex tier 3 technical issues escalated from tier 2 support
- Contributes to evolving the standards and best practices for application systems engineering
- Ability to work within core US business hours
- Other duties as required
Must have strong communication skills and experience dealing with stakeholders and can translate this into systems engineering architecture. Must be able to work in a collabortive way with ohter team members. Will work with third party vendor software and host in cloud configuration. Must know hosting. Must how system support works and understand escalation procedures.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in engineering, information systems, computer science or a related field of study
- Eight years of experience in an application system engineering, solutions architecture, or in a technology business analyst role
- Three years of experience leading the work of others, either as direct reports, assigned project team members, or contractors
- Substantial experience deploying mid to large scale multi-tier enterprise applications using multiple hosting models including on-premises, vendor hosted, public, private and hybrid cloud
- Demonstrated understanding of core underlying technologies and concepts including web, database, workflow, reporting/analytics, networking, and application security
- Working knowledge and experience deploying solutions that leverage capabilities provided by major cloud providers such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS
- Experience deploying and migrating on-premises capabilities to cloud solutions using multiple delivery models (Software as a Service, Platform as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service) is preferred
- Experience developing solution architecture design assets including architecture diagrams, detailed design specifications, functional requirements, business process flow diagrams, data flow diagrams and data integration mapping analysis
- Experience conducting application performance, load, and network testing using contemporary tools and methods
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and complete work within allocated time frames
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills
- Ability to work as a team player in a support organization
Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, both written and spoken
Ability to travel as necessary (approximately 10%)
Full inVentiv Health benefits which include:
- Competitive compensation and bonus
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision package
- Matching 401K
- Dedicated training and support
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses and other personalized quality of life conveniences
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
inVentiv Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
|Years Exp ||8-10|
|Position Type/Category ||Information Technology|
|Recruiting Area ||Corporate Direct|
|Minimum Education Level ||Bachelor's Degree|
|Employment/Job Type ||Full Time|