|State ||Texas [TX]|
|Title ||Oncology Nurse Educator - Houston, TX|
|Job ID ||64793|
You re a clinician, a patient advocate and an educator and you excel at every one of them.
If there s one thing your years of clinical training and patient education have taught you, it s how to manage priorities, and move seamlessly from one challenge to the next. You get people to listen to your wise advice, and to overcome their fears of new and existing medical therapies by instilling confidence and sharing expertise while displaying passion. It s time to turn those diverse talents to an exciting new field, and become an integral part of the Clinical Education team with inVentiv Health.
Why inVentiv Health? Join a groundbreaking network of more than 15,000 employees in 110 offices worldwide with the ability to service clients in over 90 countries. Take part in offering world-class therapeutic expertise to leading biopharmaceutical companies so they can focus on what they do best - prevent and treat disease. You ll provide the brilliant ideas, valuable insight and relentless energy that drive biopharma products from lab to life. In the past five years, inVentiv Health has helped to develop or commercialize 81% of novel new drugs approved by the FDA and 70% of products granted marketing authorization by the EMA.
Our laser focus on healthcare professionals allows you to join our team of more than 1,000 nurses, pharmacists and related healthcare professionals. We offer Clinical Nurse Educators, On-call/Nurse Specialists, Medical Liaisons, Medical Affairs support and other MedEd teams. We also offer full-time employment in our medical cost containment business unit as case managers, wellness consultants and utilization review nurses.
In this role, you ll provide clinical expertise to health care providers and patients through utilization of your clinical skills and education, helping them to improve patient outcomes. You'll join a newly-launched team and accelerate Multiple Myeloma awareness through office-based education and engaging in peer to peer discussions. Focusing on disease state education and training, you will:
- Educate staff on both clinical and operational aspects of appropriate patient identification
- Educate nurse staff on the clinical profile of products including but not limited to clinical benefits and administration requirements
- Provide education programs for professional staff, i.e. nurses, other key healthcare staff through 1:1 presentation, round table discussions
- and formal presentations
- Integrate as needed with sales professionals, reimbursement specialists to identify and work within targeted practices
- Master all aspects of the clinical and administrative profile of a new cancer medication
- Teach key external stakeholders (infusion nurses, other medical staff) on the infusion process associated with a new cancer medication
- May provide pre and post infusion follow up via telephone support to patients undergoing treatment for Multiple Myeloma
- Attend and provide clinical information and/or presentations at national, regional and local meetings
- Provides staff support, as appropriate at exhibit booths and displays as required
- Stay current in clinical developments related to specific disease state
Along with your energy and versatility, you must possess:
Active RN license and BSN degree, Advanced Practice degree and/or MSN/MBA preferred Oncology experience, strong consideration given to candidates who are OCN and/or Infusion certifiedMinimum of three years industry experience preferred Prior relationships within targeted institutions/infusion centers preferred Experience with specialty products (preferably Oncology and/or infusion) Knowledge and/or experience with direct to patient education initiatives preferred Previous experience in introducing new specialty pharmaceutical/biologics products or indications a plus Ability to travel locally and overnight 75% of the time and possess a valid driver s license to drive to assigned healthcare accounts, unless otherwise specifiedThe drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
Full inVentiv Health benefits which include:
- Competitive compensation, bonuses, and fleet vehicle
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision package
- Matching 401K
- Dedicated training and support
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses and other personalized quality of life conveniences
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of clinical education.
inVentiv Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
|Position Type/Category ||Clinical/Nurse Educator/Nurse/CDE|
|Recruiting Area ||Clinical|
|Travel ||More than 50%|
|Minimum Education Level ||Bachelor's Degree|