|State ||New Jersey [NJ]|
|Title ||Senior Director, Business Technology Production Support|
|Job ID ||64696|
You re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn t cut it you ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you re known for your good nature. You ll fit right in at inVentiv Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why inVentiv Health? Join a groundbreaking network of more than 15,000 employees in 110 offices worldwide with the ability to service clients in over 90 countries. Take part in offering world-class therapeutic expertise to leading biopharmaceutical companies so they can focus on what they do best - prevent and treat disease. You ll provide the brilliant ideas, valuable insight and relentless energy that drive biopharma products from lab to life. In the past five years, inVentiv Health has helped to develop or commercialize 81% of novel new drugs approved by the FDA and 70% of products granted marketing authorization by the EMA.
Here, there s no shortage of challenging work, learning and opportunities. Because we offer many services to varied clients, our knowledgeable professionals gain experience across a large section of the industry. Our client roster consists of more than 550 leading Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Life Sciences and Healthcare payer companies and all 20 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
This position can be located in Somerset, NJ, Princeton, NJ or New York City and there is a possiblity of a remote working arrangement. This person will run an operational group that supports our applications. Will work with SME's and service desk leads to run production smoothly. Knowledge of HIPPA and 21 CFR Part 11 is desired.
The Senior Director, Business Technology (BT) Production Support COE has direct and cross-functional responsibility for ensuring iVH technology services are supported at or above committed service levels and/or business expectations, more specifically:
The primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Accountable for end-to-end Production Support of a large number of technology services
- Establishes and continually improves BT s Service Management framework
- Acts as, promotes and mentors Service Owner for critical technologies:
- Manages the risks and costs of operating the service
- Accountable for the complete lifecycle of one or more IT services within the organization, regardless where the technology components or professional capabilities reside
- Instrumental in the development of service strategy, including strong participation in service readiness planning (SRP) efforts.
- Plans for service future and provides input to service roadmaps
- Directly manages a team of Production Support service owners, technology SMEs and/or functional team members, as resource needs requires.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Coordinates and communicates among BT staff and forms productive, working relationships with business stakeholders.
- Understands critical technology and business needs served.
- Provides input to service attributes such as performance, availability, security, etc.
- Acts as a solutions consultant for project bids, contracting and launches.
- Serves as the point of escalation (notification) for major incidents.
- Initiates, provides requirements for and signs off on service readiness planning (SRP) efforts for new services, support transitions, support improvements, etc.
- Creates or oversees creation of operational runbooks, procedures, job aids, etc.
- Initiates PMO-led projects for operational maintenance, upgrades or improvements related to the service.
- Works within BT Service Management processes incident management, problem management, change management, configuration management, capacity management, etc.
- Provides input to the Continual Service Improvement process (CSI).
- Participates in internal (BT) and external (business/client) service review meetings.
- Participates in negotiating Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) for the service.
- Manages vendor relationships and works closely with vendors to resolve problems, investigate capabilities, plan for releases, etc.
- Provides reporting and metrics on performance of services.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related science field or equivalent. In lieu of degree, eighteen (18) years total relevant experience will be considered.
- At least ten (10) years professional experience in end-to-end management of critical business technology, including direct team management.
- At least eight (8) years professional experience in application/system support, process design and implementation, and/or development.
- Working knowledge of business technology environments, including but not limited to client-facing applications, data repositories, Windows servers, Active Directory, Oracle and SQL databases, corporate networking, cloud and integrated Software-as-a-Service environments.
- Strong knowledge of ITIL best practices.
- For Clinical applications, familiarity with Clinical Trial best practices, procedures, applications and regulations: HIPPA and 21 CFR Part 11 compliance.
- Informed on new and emerging technologies and business technology management.
- Proven leadership with people, products, partners and process.
- Outstanding customer service and customer communication skills.
- Excellent problem analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
- Occasional travel to interface with BT team members, business stakeholders and vendors in iVH s global locations.
Full inVentiv Health benefits which include:
- Competitive compensation and bonus
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision package
- Matching 401K
- Dedicated training and support
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses and other personalized quality of life conveniences
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
inVentiv Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
|Position Type/Category ||Information Technology|
|Recruiting Area ||Corporate Direct|
|Minimum Education Level ||Bachelor's Degree|
|Employment/Job Type ||Full Time|