Serving as a field-based extension of the clientu2019s Medical Affairs Department, the Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will represent the client and its lead compound in clinical development for the treatment of solid tumors in adult and pediatric patients. The MSL will develop and maintain peer-to-peer relationships with critical stakeholders including thought leaders (TLs) and other HCPs specializing in oncology and genetic cancers, and the role diagnostic testing plays in relation to targeted oncology agents.
The MSL will deliver clinical, scientific, and technical education, building long term peer to peer relationships with key stakeholders and establishing rapport by providing scientific education to key healthcare practitioners involved in the care of solid tumor patients. The MSL is responsible for developing, coordinating and assuring implementation of corporate, scientific, and clinical strategies to these thought leaders within academic, clinical, and healthcare organizations. These scientific exchanges will support and/or expand current concepts, as well as ensure the safe and effective utilization of the Clientu2019s product(s).
Additionally, the MSL may support the clientu2019s research initiatives and participate in and contribute to projects and initiatives that increase the value and productivity of the Medical Affairs team.
- Maximizes and leverages thought leader relationships by identifying mutually beneficial opportunities that meet the strategic needs of internal stakeholders
- Supports medical strategies for Company compounds and responds to unsolicited requests for medical information from HCPs
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with external experts vital to product development
- Gather insights and input on targeted treatments, and gain understanding of the needs and treatment patterns of oncology health care providers to help shape company strategies.
- Enhance scientific knowledge of external stakeholders through education and appropriate scientific exchange (clinical presentations at office visits, medical meetings, and other venues as needed).
- Attend appropriate scientific meetings and remain current of new and emerging scientific information and treatment options in relevant therapeutic areas/tumor types.
- Provide support for advisory boards and medical education activities.
- Collaborates across functions to ensure achievement of key goals
- Regularly collects and interprets medical insights and intelligence gathered from scientific exchange with thought leaders and communicates relevant information to internal stakeholders in order to define, update, and support medical strategies (i.e., Competitive Intelligence).
- Presents scientific information to external customers, including at medical meetings or Company sponsored meetings (may also staff Medical Information booth).
- Actively participates in and contributes to Medical Affairs or cross-functional projects/initiatives.
- Provide medical support, clinical input, and/or training to internal teams as requested.
US-MA | US-MA | US-ME | US-VT | US-NH | US-RI | US-CT
- Advanced clinical/science degree: PharmD, PhD, DO or MD preferred
- Minimum of 2 yearsu2019 combined clinical or Medical Affairs (oncology; solid tumors) and/or MSL experience.
- Experience with Companion Diagnostics highly regarded.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, team, written and verbal communication skills
- Well-versed in highly technical and scientific languages in order to communicate with key Thought Leaders, Medical Affairs, Research and Development, as well as other key internal and external stakeholders.
- Firm understanding of the key phases, processes, and techniques that are involved in both the pre-clinical and clinical aspects of drug development.
- Proven track record of teamwork, leadership, timely decision making and results orientation in meeting objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Willingness to travel (up to 50%) within the territory
- Valid driveru2019s license