The Medical Science Liaison (MSL), serving as a value-added resource and extension of our client and its Hemophilia franchise, will develop and maintain long-term, peer-to-peer relationships with critical stakeholders including thought leaders and health care professionals in the U.S, including Hematologists, OBGYNs, GI Specialists and ER Physicians. The MSL will address the identified needs of key stakeholders by providing relevant, compliant, medical and scientific support and will ensure appropriate education regarding disease state and the current and expanding treatment of relevant therapeutic areas. Additionally, the MSL will foster local and/or national research and educational opportunities and provide support if appropriate.
- Identify and expand the Health Care Professional (HCP) base for scientific exchange beyond Hematology Treatment Centers (HTC) based hematologists that are relevant to products and medical initiatives
- Bring non-expert HCPs together with hemophilia experts for group scientific exchange discussions
- Thorough compliant scientific exchange, build and maintain professional relationships with external stakeholders to expand Company's research, advisory and educational partnership opportunities
- Ensure high standard of professionalism to develop and maintain "peer to peer" scientific relationships with key thought leaders in healthcare, academia, payer and government organizations per strategic territory plans and as requested by KOLs, including the management of strategic scientific partnerships and scientific exchange
- Contribute to effective and compliant data dissemination according to country medical affairs plan
- Present clinical and disease state information to a variety of audiences (KOLs, HCPs, hospital/decision making teams, etc.) upon requests and/or according to country medical plans
- May be involved in responding, within defined timeline and quality standards, to unsolicited inquiries from HCPs and other stakeholders received by Global Medical Affairs (GMA) and referred to GMA by other company functions
- Maintain knowledge base and scientific expertise on all Hemophilia disease areas and products
US-CA | US-AZ | US-WA | US-CO | US-NV
- Advanced scientific degree (PhD., PharmD., MD) or equivalent required (relevant residency and/or fellowship experience preferred)
- Required minimum 1-2 years of experience as a field MSL
- Experience supporting multiple products
- Preferred Experience: Hemophilia, Blood Disorders, Hematology/Oncology or Rare Disease
- An established track record of effective and influential oral presentations within the healthcare profession
- Relevant therapeutic research or substantial patient care experience (minimum 3 years)
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to integrate and work cross functionally.
- Knowledge of FDA requirements and PhRMA Code.
- Demonstrated expertise in drug information communication.
- Demonstrated project management ability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel
- Valid driveru2019s license