Serving as a field-based extension of our Clientu2019s Medical Affairs Department, the Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will represent the Company and its experimental drug treatment currently under investigation for relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis.
The MSL is responsible for cultivating and maintaining collaborative relationships with influential members of the medical community to promote Company, disease state and therapeutic awareness, in addition to serving as an advanced technical, scientific, and medical expert in neurodegenerative diseases (NDD) for the assigned region. The MSL will partner with other members of the Field Medical and US Medical Affairs teams to contribute to the overall understanding of the NDD disease state and therapeutics, developing significant and long-term relationships for the Company with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs).
- The MSL functions as an expert resource in the therapeutic area for their assigned territory.
- Provides in-depth scientific, clinical, and educational support to the KOL community through the dissemination of pertinent educational, scientific, and clinical information on the specific disease state and its treatment.
- Cultivates and maintains KOLs as peers and advocates whose opinions, disease and disease treatment insights and competitive knowledge provide direction to US Medical Affairs and the Company.
- Disseminates to healthcare professionals state-of-the-art research and medical concepts related to the treatment and management of the specific disease state through one to one peer interactions and group learning activities.
- Leads Medical Affairs activities in the region coordinating with internal departments and external customers.
- Represents the Company at medical events, programs, meetings and conventions.
- Liaises with US Medical Affairs staff on the development and implementation of medical initiatives both regionally and nationally.
- Communicates research and development concepts, key field insights and competitive intelligence to appropriate internal stakeholders.
- As appropriate, coordinates with Clinical Development and Medical Affairs for the Investigator Sponsored Trial (IST) program.
- Maintains KOL profiling and visitation records for the territory.
- As applicable, assists in the development of educational and training material and conducts training for internal and external parties.
US-MA | US-CT | US-RI | US-VT | US-NH | US-ME
- Advanced clinical/science degree: PharmD, PhD, MD, DO
- 2+ years in pharmaceutical industry as a MSL preferred, clinical development or other clinical neurology experience may substitute for MSL experience
- Therapeutic expertise within Neurology and/or Multiple Sclerosis required
- Demonstrated expertise in drug information communication; strong presentation skills
- Working knowledge and understanding of FDA and OIG guidelines
- Understanding of clinical trial design and biostatistics
- Understanding of drug development and product lifecycles
- Ability to critically evaluate the medical literature
- Ability to work independently and to integrate / work in cross functional network of teams.
- Ability to build productive work relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrated project management ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Extensive (60%) regional travel including overnight travel. Travel will include periodic national meetings and may include international conferences.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications
- Valid driveru2019s license