Territory includes: CA, WA, OR, MT, ID, NV, WY, UT, AZ, AK
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL), an extended resource of Medical Affairs, will identify, engage and develop key external experts in the institutional and academic settings, as well as payers and formulary key opinion leaders (KOLs); typically physicians and pharmacists, and other allied healthcare professionals (HCPs) providing disease state information in support of educating HCP audiences about currently marketed and pipeline products. Additionally, the MSL will identify local, regional and national KOLs, interested researchers, and health outcomes research and educational opportunities.
The MSL will support the medical/scientific platform primarily from a scientific, pharmacoeconomic and value proposition perspective in the areas of infectious disease. The MSL will be solidly versed in the clinical data such that the full range of innovative science, clinical, outcome, economic and value aspects of clientu2019s products can be appreciated by the healthcare practitioner, and/or formulary member or Payer.
- Identify and develop professional relationships with relevant institutional external experts, the hospital antimicrobial stewardship programs, and infection control teams
- Discuss scientific product related data, disease awareness, and pharmacoeconomic information with key external experts in the hospital, institutional, and academic settings- communicate relevant information back to management team
- Serve as a key clinical/scientific resource to External Experts and institutions
- Maintain comprehensive, up-to-date scientific expertise of disease state, clinical information, product data, and the competitor landscape within the Infectious Diseases (ID) arena
- Deliver clinical presentations to institutional formulary and key decision makers.
- Support Clinical/R&D in the facilitation of IITs and other research initiatives including clinical trial site recruitment
- Support Speaker Training and Sales Training programs and provide Advisory Board support
- Serve as a resource for publication development, review, and poster presentations.
- Assess the pharmacoeconomic and outcomes research capabilities of regionally based health care systems
- Conduct discussions with external investigators to identify potential research gaps including clinical, microbiology, PK/PD and HEOR
- Provide session coverage at scientific and professional meetings as assigned by manager and report information of strategic interest to the company
US-CA | US-WA | US-NV | US-AZ
- The qualified candidate will have a doctoral degree in a health sciences related field such as a PharmD, MD or Ph.D., with a thorough grasp of the pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum 2-3 year clinical infectious diseases experience in a hospital setting
- Industry experience required / Field-based industry experienced preferred
- Possesses business and scientific acumen demonstrated by communication of complex scientific and clinical information to colleagues, academicians, and health care decision makers
- Possesses intimate understanding of hospital formulary management, scientific therapeutics, and the application of pharmacoeconomic principals a plus
- Proven track record of teamwork, leadership, timely decision making and results orientation in meeting business objectives
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, team, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation and education skills; ability to communicate clinical and non-clinical technical information effectively
- Demonstrated project management ability
- Travel up to 60-70%
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications
- Valid driveru2019s license