- This function is to facilitate the vision creation on how Takeda Plasma Manufacturing can innovate and further evolve to be ready for the future and to address potential challenges the industry is facing (incl. evolvement towards industry 4.0)
- Establish collaborations with external suppliers, competitors and contract manufacturing organizations for assessing potential novel future technologies
- Re-think current manufacturing operations and processes when facing challenges, constraints: for example with manufacturing in less developed, emerging countries
- Prepare, present and convince management and the plasma operating unit about potential opportunities that can prepare Takeda for the future (best in class, first in class)
- Participate or lead rapid response investigations whenever supplier or contractors are involved
- Scout for and select new technologies, digital solutions and potential applications that can significantly improve Bio-Pharmaceutical Manufacturing (in particular Plasma products)
- Connect with external partners, contract organizations and internal partners to set-up proof of concept studies to establish a potential novel future technology
- Design the manufacturing facility of the future together with the other functions within GMS and R&D, and communicates on regular basis to the senior management
- Evaluate how we could change drastically the manufacturing operations in order to reduce the overall COGS and consequently ensure affordable and global product supply
- Establish and present business cases, conduct due diligence and assess the potential impact on supply and throughput
- Conduct technical visits at suppliers in case issues occur that could be supplier-related. Propose mitigation, corrective and/or preventive actions in collaboration with suppliers to avoid process interruptions.
- Connect and collaborate with internal partners (R&D, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manufacturing Sciences, Global Manufacturing Supply, Quality, Plasma OpU)
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Knowledge and experience in plasma manufacturing is a must
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to overcome hurdles and deliver project results on time and as expected.
- Broad knowledge in the execution of Proof of Concepts at lab scale
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant regulations enabling effective partnership with Quality
- Knowledge of Takeda strategy and business performance and using that information to anticipate long-range planning for products
- Able to negotiate and manage contracts
- Project Management skills
- Experienced manager enabling to connect teams
- Very successful track record of change management projects and processes
- High level of customer orientation and organizational skills
- Flexible in mind / out of the box thinker
- Intrapreneur and strategical thinker with a clear vision
- Enthusiastic, decisive, motivating and convincing personality
- International background appreciated
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written communication skills
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Fast track evaluation of the feasibility of new technologies, and game-changing technologies
- Key Stakeholders include: Plasma Derived Therapies BU, Internal Manufacturing sites, Manufacturing Sciences, Engineering, quality as well as external suppliers/partners
- Unique contribution of thought, experience, background, and skills in leading the development and implementation of an External Network Strategy to enable a common infrastructure, standardized work and business processes and drive performance of best in class supply management
- Demonstrates a firm grasp of industry, scientific and regulatory trends, understands market conditions and develops strategies to position Takeda as a key customer, manage CMO performance and ensure uninterrupted supply
- High number of different plasma products (20+)
- Manufacturing process knowledge from plasma thawing till packaging
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Master degree in Pharmacy, Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering or equivalent required
- Minimum 15 years of varied pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical manufacturing experience and minimum10 years of management experience required.
- Previous leadership experience with matrix cross-functional experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading high priority, business-critical initiatives within a matrix organization.
- Significant experience in managing cross-functional, global teams.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills. Ability to build positive working relationships across senior leadership teams.
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Strong business acumen.
- Digital and analytical skills
- Strategic enterprise thinking, finding innovative ways to serve patients, build reputation and trust
- Creating an environment that inspires and enables people
- Focusing on the few priorities and provide superior results
- Elevating capabilities for now and the future
Travel required approximately 40% (national and international)
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.