Primary Objectives of this Job
- The Head of Manufacturing is a key member of the Singapore Woodlands Plant s Senior Leadership Team and is responsible for leading the manufacturing operations at site including Manufacturing Suite 1, Manufacturing Suite 2, Manufacturing Support and Manufacturing Excellence.
- He/She is responsible for meeting all site goals relating to manufacturing, especially the site s production demand goals and product quality goals, ensuring the site fulfills all Quality Requirements and representing the Manufacturing function and the Singapore Woodlands site internally and externally.
- The Head of Manufacturing will establish a lean and efficient organization embracing the Takeda Leadership Behaviors and has overall responsibility for the hiring and development of the manufacturing team, building a sustainable organization with a solid succession pipeline and good leadership development.
- Responsible for providing leadership guidance to the manufacturing teams in Manufacturing Suite 1, Manufacturing Suite 2, Manufacturing Support and Manufacturing Excellence ensuring that the teams can fulfill all goals
- Accountable for the hiring and training of new workforce and ensure that all manufacturing personnel are appropriately trained and qualified to perform tasks assigned, complying with all requirements of cGMP whilst exhibiting Takeda Leadership Behaviors
- Accountable for manufacturing operations, ensuring that production fulfills all quality requirements and specifications
- Actively participate in the site s Senior Leadership Team and collaborate cross-functionally to ensure the site achieve its goals
- Ensure effective and optimal shift operations to meet business requirements
- Responsible for managing the manufacturing budget and the fulfillment of budget targets
- Accountable for the maintenance of compliance to all regulatory requirements
- Managing of projects for the Function to ensure both milestones and budgets are met
- To liaise with and align other Functions to ensure smooth operations and the fulfillment of production goals.
- To liaise and align with and other Manufacturing plants in Takeda network and product operating teams
- To represent Manufacturing and the Plant in all internal and external audits
- Ensure the continuous improvement of all processes and workflows to yield stable, lean and efficient manufacturing and business processes as well as an efficient and lean organization
- Ensure that the appropriate controls and approval mechanisms are in place to ensure the fulfillment of all internal and external requirements
- Ensure that the appropriate validations are done and that the cGMP production environment and storage areas are controlled and monitored
- Ensure that the plant and equipment are maintained and fit for use
- Accountable for maintaining a productive culture and a high level of positive engagement with all manufacturing personnel
- Coach and counsel team members to establish a robust leadership pipeline for succession planning to ensure a stable and sustainable organization
- Responsibility to adhere to any applicable EHS requirements.
- Commitment to a fair and respectful relationship to others and behavior in accordance with Takeda s Code of
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor degree in Life Science or Engineering with 10 - 15 years of related work experience out of which at least 5 years are in a senior leadership position in an MNC with cross-functional interaction
- Preferably with more than 5 years of experience in the manufacture of biopharmaceutical products (recombinant experience preferred)
Key Skills and Competencies
The individual should have good understanding of cGMP manufacturing aspects and had hands-on manufacturing experience.
- Good collaboration skills and teamwork mindset
- Excellent coaching and people management skills
- Ability to engage, inspire and motivate employees at all levels
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- Thorough knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and general technical and biologic understanding
- Strong business acumen
- Operational experience with material requirements planning (MRP), enterprise resource planning (ERP) as well as Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.