Senior Director, Digital & Information Technology Procurement
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Director, Digital & Information Technology Procurement in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Director, Digital & Information Technology Procurement working on the Global Procurement team, you will be empowered to lead a World Class Procurement Organization supporting Digital and Information Technology Procurement Including: Digital, Cloud, Software, Hardware, Infrastructure, Network and Communications, Information Technology Enterprise Solutions, Cyber Security & Managed Services, and a typical day will include:
- Shape the Overall Strategy for Digital and Information Technology Procurement Team and Provide Advisory Counsel (I.E. In or Out-Source) In Order to Deliver Sustainable, High-End Supplier Performance.
- Leverage Takeda s Global Scale to Take Advantage of Global, Functional, And/or Category Synergies, While Applying Best Practices, Managing Risk, And Making Sound Decisions with Agility at a Global, Regional, And Local Level.
- Develop Strong Alignment with The Digital and Information Technology Leadership Team.
- As Part of a Centrally-Funded Model at A Global Level, Provide Global Oversight of Procurement Within the Information Technology Category. Co-Create and Deliver Against the Mid-Range Plan (MRP), Including Synergy Targets.
- Cultivate Relationships with The Information Technology Leadership Team at Takeda And Their Organizations. Serve as The Primary Point of Contact for The Digital and Information Technology Organization. Draw Upon the Expertise of Peers Within the Function and Their Organizations.
- Develop, Lead and Implement a Digital and Information Technology Procurement Strategy Aligned with The Enterprise Global Procurement Strategy. Accountable for Playing an Advisory Role to Key Stakeholders on Category Specific Procurement Strategies, Tactics, and Practices.
- Design and Implement Category Strategies in Close Collaboration with Business Unit Stakeholders. Categories Included Are: Digital Technology, Cloud, Software, Hardware, Network & Infrastructure, Telecommunications, Application Managed Services, Cyber Security and Professional Services.
- Integrate the Category and The Function and Ensure Sourcing Strategies Are In-Line with Global, Regional, Local and Procurement Needs. Implement Integration-Related Synergy Capture Programs I.E. Supplier Consolidation, Preferred Vendor Programs Within Category.
- Steward of The Global Procurement Policy and Ensure Adherence Within the Category. Establish Communication Channels to Ensure Internal Alignment.
- Drive Strategic Supplier Management Within the Category. Deliver Expected Results Such as Creating and Implementing Strong Supplier Management Programs with Top 10 Suppliers, Holding Quarterly Reviews, Synthesizing and Supporting Service Level Agreements (SLAs) And Key Performance Indicators (KPI s), Ultimately Improving Overall Supplier Value and Performance.
- Oversee Execution of Routine Business Processes (New Materials/Vendor Evaluation, Issue Resolution, Supplier Performance Management, Or Contract Negotiations). Lead RFP Creation and Negotiate Competitive Pricing and Contract Terms.
- Implement Procurement COE-Led Strategic Supplier Management, Supplier Risk Management, Supplier Diversity, And Innovation Programs Within Category.
- Achieve Spend, Savings Cash Flow, Invoicing, And Payment Targets and KPI s Within Category and Sub-Categories.
- Ensure Continuous Improvement Within the Category. Monitor Industry Best Practices. Introduce and Leverage Digital, Automation, And Contemporary Technology E.G. AI, Big Data and Work with Takeda Business Services (TBS) Procurement Operations to Implement Innovative Solutions.
- Primary Business Partner for The Digital & Information Technology Leadership Team.
- Create A Culture of Compliance Internally and Externally Where Everyone Lives Our Values Every Day (Loved) And Abides by Takeda s Global Code of Conduct and Supplier Code of Conduct.
- Develop Capabilities of Individuals and Of the Organization. Attract, Develop and Retain the Best Talent.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BA or BS Required, MBA Or Master s Degree Information Technology and or Procurement Preferred.
- Procurement Qualification (E.G. ISM, IPMM or MCIPS) Valued.
- 15+ Years Working in Biotech/Pharma Industry, or Other Highly Regulated Industries, With Progressive Leadership of Procurement.
- Possess In-Depth Knowledge of Supply Base and Sourcing Business Practices.
- Deep Understanding of the Information Technology Category with Track Record of Successfully Achieving Business Results.
- Experience Working in A Complex Global Environment.
- Demonstrated Track Record of Building High Performing Teams / Organization.
- Exceptionally Skilled at Stakeholder Management and Negotiation.
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise(Breadth and Depth Of Knowledge, Application And Complexity Of Technical Knowledge)
- In-Depth Knowledge of Indirect Categories Such as Enterprise Software, Hardware, Network and Infrastructure, Information Technology, Telecommunications, Security & Information Technology Managed Services.
- Successful Track Record of Designing and Implementing Complex Sourcing and Procurement Strategies That Achieved Desired Results Within the Information Technology and Digital Category.
- Deep Technical Expertise in Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Including In/Out Sourcing And On/Off Shore.
- Demonstrated Sourcing and Negotiation Experience with Major Software, Hardware and Technology Consulting Suppliers.
- A Good Understanding of Pricing Models, Metrics, Licensing Models, Etc. With the Ability to Suggest Contracting Alternatives.
- Extensive Experience in The Review, Negotiation and Drafting of Technology Contracts.
- Procurement and Technology Business Knowledge Including Robust Understanding of Contract Terms and Contract Execution
- Strong Business and Financial Acumen.
Leadership(Vision, Strategy And Business Alignment, People Management, Communication, Influencing Others, Managing Change)
- Demonstrate Strategic Enterprise Thinking to Find Innovative Ways to Serve the Business in A Way That Centers on Patients and Builds Trust, Reputation, And Our Business. Trusted Partner Who Expresses and Influences Opinions by Grounding Them in Recommendations That Are Best for The Enterprise.
- Bias for Action and Ability to Establish Global Category Vision/Strategies That Translate into Global Regional, Or Local Results.
- Creates an Environment That Inspires and Enables People to Move the Organization Forward.
- Leads the Organization on A Change Journey with Discipline, Transparency And Authenticity.
- Focuses on The Few Priorities That Matter Most And Delivers Superior Results.
Interaction(The Span and Nature of One s Engagement with Others When Performing One s Job, Internal and External Relationships)
- Demonstrated Abilities in High Value Project/Program Management of High-Performing Global Teams.
- Leadership Experience in Team Management, Governance Models, And Supplier Management, Both Strategic and Operational/Day-To-Day.
Innovation(The Required Level of Scientific Knowledge, Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Risk Taking)
- Knowledge of Current and Emerging Trends in Strategic Sourcing, Negotiating, Contracting, Strategic Supplier Management, Supply Chain, And Procurement.
- Knowledge of The Latest Trends in Technology to Enable the Function And Deliver World Class Services, Including AI, Big Data, Digital, Mobile, Automation, Facial Recognition, Chatbots.
- Creative and Practical Problem Solver.
Complexity(Products Managed, Mix of Businesses, Internal and/or External Business Environment, Cultural Considerations)
- Highly Complex Mix of Stakeholders Across Multiple Bus and/or Countries Who Have Both Global and Local Agendas.
- Highly Regulated Industry.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.