Senior Financial Analyst
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Financial Systems Analyst in our Exton, PA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Financial Systems Analyst working on the Takeda Business Solutions (TBS) team, you will be empowered to maintain Takeda Business Solutions (TBS) Financial systems, with a primary focus on the administration of Blackline financial software, and a typical day will include:
- This position will work with system users across the globe with a goal to ensure that the Blackline system administration service and financial controls are performed with the highest quality.
- This role will help trouble shoot Blackline system issues and with COE assistance will help resolve system issues that are uncovered.
- This position will assist in the general goals of the TBS team by assisting the broader TBS system users.
- The role looks to see how our current technologies can provide further benefits and efficiencies. Because this position requires, technical proficiency, financial accounting and control capabilities, individuals with a background in accounting/finance, business and systems experience will have the best chances for success.
- The role works with management staff and leaders to determine and implement specific technical needs related to Blackline financial close software and will assist with system priorities of the TBS organization. Being a creative thinker and problem solver is important to this role.
- NOTE- This position does not include building code for Software
Specifically, the role is responsible for ensuring:
- Acting as an system administration and subject matter expert for any issues relating to BlackLine financial close software as well as ensuring timely and accurate processing of all BlackLine requests from global users.
- Performing technical interface reviews and adjustments of Blackline system settings to ensure proper data completeness and accuracy
- Testing of the Blackline software program to ensure newly implemented and existing functionality is working as intended.
- Performing daily system maintenance between Blackline and multiple ERP systems (SAP and JDE)
- Performing data and variant research in SAP systems as well as Blackline systems
- Participating in broader BlackLine related projects and proactively identifying technologies that can improve TBS productivity in Blackline and beyond
- Be part of a team that works together to support the Blackline program via central administration program support
- Ensuring BlackLine interfaces are tested regularly and are working well to avoid issues with the month end financial close- research issues as needed.
- Ensuring that policy changes are updated with in the system timely and be proactive with making updates
- Assist with the coordination of IT projects and Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Identify efficiencies in processes and internal controls related to the business or financial processes
- Assist in managing user accounts security levels, additions and removals
- Part of a team that performs Blackline system administration and end user support for a software program with over 600 global users
- Be internal control focused to ensure our control environment remains strong
- Be customer service focused to help employees with Blackline or other issues that arise
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- 3+ years experience as a Blackline End User
- Good working knowledge of ERP systems (strong preference for SAP)
- Internal Controls knowledge related to interface validations
- Strong project management is preferred
- Understanding of manual internal controls with systems and process
- Strong analytical skills when analyzing financial data
- Strong Organization skills
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance is a plus
- Experience with Blackline Administration and Blackline ERP interfaces
- Knowledge of the Blackline SAP connector software and SAP processing
- Knowledge of Blackline suite of products is a plus
- Project Management experience or general project experience is a plus
- Experience of working in a shared service or large multinational company environment
- Knowledge of the financial close process is a plus
- IT skills and background
- Knowledge of Advanced Excel skills
- Lean Six Sigma knowledge or certifications is a plus
- Previously a user of the Blackline software is a plus
Maintain the overall control and coordination of the TBS systems support processes by:
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of all requests from the TBS function and stakeholders of the organization.
- Be able to project manage multiple deliverables to ensure key timelines are met
- Work as part of the team that performs the Blackline administration and looks for product efficiencies within the Blackline Financial Close software program.
- Perform and update training aids for global users of Blackline and continuously sharing data with our Blackline users/stakeholders.
- Look to advance the footprint of Blackline technologies or other technologies as opportunities arise.
- Part of the team that looks at ways to automate ERP data interfaces to Blackline and ensure data is transferred without issue.
- Team member that helps manage key SOX controls and monitored the system data to ensure ERP data is interfaced to Blackline with accuracy
- FTP site knowledge
- Ensure enabling technology interfaces are tested regularly and are working well to avoid issues with month end.
- Act as subject matter expert for any issues relating to the enabling technology processes, Hypercare issues, and assist with the financial close process.
- Liaise with counterparts in other TBS locations to solve issues as needed, to knowledge share and maintain consistency.
- Review Blackline error system integration logs with the team and ensure any system concerns are addressed with urgency.
- Provide audit support relating to enabling technologies.
- Provide support and identify Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders to ensure outstanding service levels are being provided.
- Assist in helping with manage projects and project plans to ensure deliverables are met.
- Ensure control environment and critical controls are monitored closely and executed with excellence.
- TBS colleagues worldwide.
- IT colleagues worldwide.
- Global Finance partners and other internal customers
- Determine enhancements to processes and implement them while maintaining strong internal control.
- Be able to work independently or with a team to propose solutions and move the solution forward to completion
- Knowledge of the financial accounting close cycle from Accounts payable, accruals, journal entries etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel is a plus
- Candidate should feel comfortable working with systems with a global user base
- Understanding of Blackline Administration
- Identify solutions and be able to analytically think through a problem to get to the solution
- Be able analytically look at data trends and propose new team deliverables
- May require some travel, due to the geography of those colleagues that the role interacts with.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.