Takeda is a patient-focused, values-based, R&D-driven global biopharmaceutical company committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter Future to people worldwide. Our passion and pursuit of potentially life-changing treatments for patients are deeply rooted in over 230 years of distinguished history in Japan.
Every vial has a name is a core value at our Thousand Oaks CA campus, a multiproduct facility with over 20 years of operational expertise. We have an excellent opportunity for a high performing Training & Development Lead. The selected candidate must provide thought leadership and demonstrated ability to coach and influence at the executive level and across the broader organization. The selected candidate is responsible for assessing operational training needs in a GMP regulated, manufacturing environment across multi-functions/multi-facility to develop and implement technical, compliant training strategy for manufacturing and support functions. The selected candidate is responsible for designing solutions that meet the overall needs for both new hires and current employees to both maintain and increase skills, knowledge, and abilities (SKAs). Develop evaluation and assessment strategy for the organization's learning initiatives. Responsible for managing the continued deployment and use of Takeda s training / LMS platforms, including administration and delivery applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The selected candidate is responsible for delivering on technical training needs in a GMP regulated, manufacturing environment across multi-functions/multi-facility.
- Expectations for the technical training program includes 1) efficient methods to qualify employees on manufacturing tasks, 2) simple and effective methods to identify individual needs, skill gaps, and training plans, 3) easy to use tools for leaders to deliver on training needs, 4) providing analytics to drive strategic execution of technical training in order to meet product demand.
- Responsible for managing the continued deployment of the program and use of Global/US training / LMS platforms, including administration and delivery application.
- Assess training needs across multi-functional site to address operational training across employee groups and determine strategies to meet needs.
- Manage the design, development, and implementation strategy across the facility, including creating new hands-on programs. (Ensure overall development and integration of training curricula and programs). Adheres to all environmental, health and safety SOPs, equipment, policies and procedures, including any department specific requirements.
- Provide technical expertise and resources, Lead the design, development and implementation with the training management team.
- Manage internal and external partners and suppliers, along with training and development budgets related to specific initiatives.
- Work with divisional and global training groups to assess and improve training tracking systems to gather results data.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training initiatives at satisfaction, activity, and business outcome levels across all businesses.
- Leverage and continuously improve technology to deliver curricula and programs to managers and employees.
- Develops business plans and budgets.
- Supervise instructional design trainers.
- Support change management efforts to ensure both business processes and culture are prepared for the successful implementation of training services and enterprise solutions.
- Represent and defend program during regulatory and / or internal audits.
- Networks and benchmarks internally and externally to drive improvement and consistency.
- Drive high employee engagement and identify strategies to retain top talent.
- Create a material refresh process for updates based on feedback and industry changes/trends.
- Implement and sustain basic to advanced new hire training programs specific to department areas.
- Continuous improvement through eliminating or modifying non-value added training activities.
- Collaborate with other sites and Training leaders to share innovations and best practices to meet training needs.
- Strong technical knowledge (Engineering / Hard Science/Manufacturing)
- Ability to design technical training program
- Knowledge of On the Job Training (OJT) a must
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Extremely solid presentation and group facilitation skills
- Ability to identify needs, design training and performance solutions and measure impact
- Ability to influence partners, key stakeholder groups, and manage a team
- Strong project management skills
- Capability to implement Lean Knowledge Transfer in a 24/7 operation
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Adult Education, Instructional Design, or Education and / or Engineering or Science. Masters preferred in behavioral sciences area.
- Minimum of 8 years managing a training function, including 5 years experience in aspects of manufacturing processes.
- Experience in GMP regulated environment required.
- Specific experience in Pharmaceuticals, Biologics, or equivalent highly desirable.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Must be able to enter and work in controlled environments requiring special gowning as needed. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body when entering these areas.
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.