Records and Information Management (RIM) Lead
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Records and Information Management (RIM) Lead in our Cambridge or Lexington, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Records and Information Management (RIM) Lead working on the Records and Information Management team in the Legal department, you will be empowered to be an integral part of Takeda s Records and Information Management (RIM) team as a trusted advisor responsible for development, continuous improvement, and implementation of Takeda s global records management program, and a typical day will include:
Under the direction of the Global Head of RIM, the RIM Lead serves as a thought leader and person of authority on the matters of global records and information for the organization and educates stakeholders on RIM decisions, principles, policies and procedures. Given that all functions and regions are responsible for implementing the RIM Program in their business areas, The RIM Lead works proactively with the various business units and other internal departments and organizations to implement practices that meet Takeda s defined policies and standards for information management.
- Develop, maintain and implement policies and procedures related to the management, storage and retention of electronic and physical content.
- Partner with enterprise learning management, collaboration, and training teams to create and or maintain programs to educate employees and new hires on the Company s records and information management policies and procedures.
- Support business areas in ensuring records are controlled and managed in a compliant manner throughout their life cycle including storage and archiving, and that records management systems and long-term digital archiving solutions meet company procedures, regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Consult with business functions and project teams, at all levels of the company, to identify and analyze complex RIM issues, evaluate findings, gather suggestions and recommend and implement changes or modifications for improvement of significant RIM issues facing the enterprise
- Advise business on information management requirements and drive related project work streams, which may include acquisition / divestiture and site consolidation activities or new systems implementations.
- Participate in the management of archiving and data curation services for structured and unstructured data managed centrally by RIM. Provide guidance to business and IT on how to appropriately archive the data/ records in a compliant, efficient and appropriate way.
- Serve as a content creator, facilitator, and trainer to RIM Stewards and other members of the RIM Community of Practice to ensure good governance is adopted across Takeda globally and to advise on records management operational practices
- Collaborate with records custodians in the management of the onsite and offsite records inventory to ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
- Act as liaison with business functions with regard to implementation and support of information classification and electronic records management practices.
- Drive implementation of records management best practices, tools and associated processes across the enterprise.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- 5+ years of experience in Records and Information Management, Information Governance or a related discipline.
- A bachelor s degree in a relevant field (business management, quality assurance, engineering, computer science preferred) or equivalent work experience; an M.S. in library science, information science or computer science is strongly preferred.
- Certified Records Manager (CRM), Information Governance Professional (IGP) or related certifications are desirable.
- Industry experience in a regulated or legal environment and clear understanding of government regulatory requirements (GMP, GCP, GLP) preferred
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of the drug development process preferred.
- Demonstrated project management, program management, and team facilitation skills required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of information governance and electronic records management principles and best practices and digital preservation theory and practice.
- Direct experience developing, planning and implementing records management and information governance programs, including records retention, and all the elements that make up a best in class RIM program. Experience implementing and/ or managing electronic archive systems strongly preferred.
- Direct experience with MicroFocus Content Manager, Control Point, and Structured Data Manager tools and associated processes preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff across multiple departments and with service providers.
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a matrixed environment: Building and managing peer and management-level relationships through achievement of results, accountable to schedule, and allocation of resources and meeting customer needs.
- Solution and results oriented.
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative and work independently and in a team environment.
- Understanding of principles of database management, enterprise architecture, and systems analysis is preferred.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.