Senior Site Sourcing Lead
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Site Sourcing Lead in our Lexington, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Site Sourcing Lead working on the Site Procurement team, you will be empowered to ensure that operational procurement support is provided to ensure supply as well as deliver value, including year on year cost savings for direct materials, indirect materials, and services at the site., and a typical day will include:
- Develop and enhance relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders and drive continuous improvement.
- As a key member of the Site Procurement team, work with suppliers to manage contracts and identify areas of improvement for cost, quality, service, and delivery.
- Develop best practices and ensure compliance through the use of master service agreements, statements of work, and catalogue purchasing.
- Assist in spend management, supply risk identification and mitigation strategies, and reporting on contract performance.
- Support category management strategy and expand the team s value contribution beyond cost reduction (e.g. supplier and inventory innovations and stakeholder satisfaction surveys).
- Manage procure to pay activities and provide support to end-users within the site hubs. This position requires close interactions with all business units at the site including manufacturing, QC, MS, EHS, process engineering and automation, QA, Supply Chain and facilities as well as above site Procurement colleagues.
- Together with the Global Category Leads, develop (sub-)category strategies & drive execution through implementation at country level.
- Deploy procurement strategies and scorecards in order to optimize quality, services and costs. Achieve goals established in the strategic plan.
- Lead and support risk analysis. Partner with Category Managers to identify risk mitigation plan for assigned commodities.
- Lead/Support all local sourcing relevant activities - from market analysis, bidding process to supplier selection in alignment with Global management and cross functional team (project team/users/requestors/Quality). Create cost saving opportunities through competitive bidding, negotiations, etc., while maintaining ethical practices and win-win outcomes for both parties. Initiates projects that eliminate non-value added activities, increase quality and service and reduce costs.
- Identify cost savings opportunities and submit Value Improvement Projects for evaluation and execution.
- Negotiates on behalf of Shire with suppliers on price, delivery and other terms in accordance with the legal policies and procedures.
- Act as intermediate between Legal and Operations to establish contractual relationships. Address issues if any during the life cycle of the agreement(s)
- Able to problem solve, recognize and anticipate customer's requirements and identify the urgency of these needs. Make prompt judgment calls and keep customer satisfaction in a quality environment.
- Provide consultation to management and other groups regarding supplier/commodity issues, which may impact operations and provide purchasing and supplier management expertise to technical, engineering staffs. Escalate issues whenever necessary to avoid disruptions in manufacturing.
- Interface effectively with local/divisional/corporate departments (Logistics, Marketing, Plant Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Finance, Supplier Quality Management, etc.) to support goals. Ensure stakeholder engagement across entire sourcing lifecycle.
- Support Departments, Plant and Global Sourcing and Procurement initiatives as well as special projects.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical field required.
- Minimum 3 years procurement experience required.
- Pharmaceutical or highly regulated manufacturing industry background strongly preferred.
- Experience in procurement of direct materials preferred.
- C.P.S.M., C.P.M. and/or CPIM certification preferred.
- Experience with ERP systems; SAP preferred.
- Knowledge of Uniform Commercial Code and contract law preferred.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts desired.
- Project Management experience desirable
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Knowledge of cGMP manufacturing.
- Ability to understand market dynamics and conditions and manage total cost in connection with price changes, product availability and contractual obligations.
- Develop knowledge of purchasing and associated management systems, as well as, develop skills and knowledge in project management, negotiation, Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) and contract terms and conditions.
- Must be able to read and follow detailed written instructions and have good verbal/written communication skills.
- Incumbent must be proficient in a variety of mathematical disciplines.
- Works under time constraints that require creative thinking, problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Good presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Supports and provides input into Procurement Strategy and Site Operations
- Ability to manage conflict and change while influencing others with sourcing/business expertise
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Able to problem solve, recognize and anticipate customer's requirements and identify the urgency of these needs. Make prompt judgment calls and keep customer satisfaction high in a quality environment.
- Interface effectively with internal and external customers. Specifically, local/divisional/corporate departments including but not limited to: Logistics, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Supply Chain, Quality Control, EHS, Manufacturing Sciences, Finance, Supplier Quality Management as well as above site Procurement colleagues.
- Provide sourcing options to meet local business needs.
- Introduce new technologies / suppliers to relevant site functions.
- Supporting clinical and commercial products at MBO within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to successfully interact within a highly matrixed international organization.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.