- Enable Takeda s Chief Medical Office (CMO) department to execute optimal global Medical Knowledge Management strategy by leveraging best-in-class system solutions.
- Deliver innovative ways to manage and disseminate Medical content internally and externally via digital channels adapted to recipients needs.
- Ensure that all Medical content generated within CMO is reviewed, approved, organized and distributed in accordance with relevant SOPs, Compliance requirements and general business needs across Takeda
- Ensure that CMO organization has access to relevant externally-acquired Scientific content to support its mission, using appropriate technology and classification methodologies.
- Define and execute a Knowledge Management technology roadmap in collaboration with various Medical Affairs functions (globally and locally), IT, vendors, and other departments as needed.
- Ensure adoption of Knowledge Management solutions and provide continuous improvements to solutions and associated processes.
- Drive the delivery of KPIs, metrics and other forms of analytics supporting CMO s Knowledge Management strategy.
- Drive initiatives in collaboration with Regional Medical teams to ensure Regional and Local needs are incorporated into global knowledge management roadmap. Support local adoption initiatives.
- Monitor technology advancements, software vendors offering and knowledge management best practices to recommend innovative relevant solutions to deliver new internal or external services supporting CMO s mission around Medical evidence delivery.
- Collaborate with other GMA Solutions & Analytics team members to identify and execute cross-functional projects supporting CMO s objectives related to KOL Engagement, Knowledge Management or other Medical Affairs activities.
- Identify relevant sources of internal and external Medical content to incorporate into CMO s knowledge management environment, and execute integration projects. Evaluate needs with relevant CMO functions and assess content relevance and quality.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Strong understanding of CMO s strategies, tactics and needs around knowledge creation and dissemination.
- Ability to translate business challenges or questions into analytical approaches, in order to deliver responses using analytics. Ability to translate these analytical needs for technical resources.
- Understand knowledge management technology capabilities and limitations, evaluate their relevance to CMO and local field teams, articulate functional requirements and communicate them to technical resources.
- Define a vision around Medical knowledge management that would distinguish Takeda from its competitors and demonstrate our ability to innovate and truly understand our internal and external stakeholders needs.
- Drive the definition and execution of roadmaps by proactively identifying opportunities for new solutions, for enhancements to existing capabilities, for any type of initiative that improve adoption of systems, and by recommending new types of solutions or services related to Medical content creation, management and distribution.
- Be able to enroll other team members, stakeholders from other functions/regions around your vision and incorporate feedback, to deliver compelling business cases supporting your vision.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Expected to define a vision and roadmap, and recommend options, solutions, process improvements and analytics in complete autonomy.
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions.
- Ability to incorporate feedback and ensure decisions are made swiftly to yield flawless execution.
- Decision-making authority when it comes to prioritization of work and allocation of supporting resources.
- Franchise Medical Heads and their teams, Medical Communications, Scientific Training, Library Services, Regional Medical partners: collaborate on knowledge management strategy from a solutions and analytics perspective.
- IT and system vendors: articulate requirements, monitor quality of service, request visibility on project progress/roadmap, collaborate on identifying solutions.
- GMA Solutions & Analytics peers: collaborate on cross-functional projects, cross-training, exchange of best practices and methodologies.
- Other Medical Functions colleagues: collaborate on relevant initiatives or seek their input for activities requiring their involvement.
- Continuous learning around relevant business practices and technologies to identify opportunities for innovation in the area that you support.
- Develop concepts for innovative solutions, design and execute pilots.
- Learn about Data Science to identify potential applicability to the area that you support.
- Recommend best practices or innovative ideas to improve your team s operating model, projects execution, collaboration with other stakeholder.
- Global role interacting with colleagues from multiple regions, with various business or technical backgrounds and expertise.
- Interactions with other functions outside of Chief Medical Office (Compliance, Legal, Commercial, Clinical ) to address cross-functional needs.
- Scope of solutions and analytics delivered would include all Medical Franchises.
- Potentially various types of technologies involved
- Opportunities for applying advanced analytics.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Previous Medical Affairs experience in either a Medical Communications/Training or KOL-facing role, or a content management technology-related role with a strong business partnership component
- Analytical skills (problem solving, business process analysis, process mapping
- Project management skills
- Patience, diplomacy and listening skills
- Experience working on global initiatives with colleagues of diverse cultures and expertise
- Curiosity and constant willingness to learn and grow in new areas of expertise
- Written and oral communication skills (frequent presentations, interactions with all levels of hierarchy, with various geographical areas)
- 5+ years experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Understanding of IT technologies
- Worked cross functionally with the business
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.