The focus of the role will be to lead and manage a team that works across the GPSA, MPG and GMA Therapeutic Areas (TA) and to transform medical strategy and plans into dependable high-quality deliverables:
- Leadership and oversight of all aspects of CMO (GPSA, MPG, GMA) program management and planning
- Serve as Operational partner to the CMO (GPSA, MPG, GMA) TA Heads (TAH) and Medical Unit (MU)Leads
- Completes strategic resourcing planning for the functions to ensure milestones are achievable.
- Build a strong project management infrastructure to support the CMO and GMA TAs and foundational GMA activities
- Oversight and management of overall CMO (GPSA, MPG and GMA) budget and resource planning
- Partners with the CMO (GPSA, MPG, GMA) TAHs, MU Leads and Functional Heads to support translation of medical strategy into executable operational plans
- Directs, manages and develops a team that provides high-level program management and planning across CMO/GMA
- Oversees the development and implementation of processes, systems and tools to enable efficient delivery, tracking, visualization and communication of CMO/GMA activities (i.e. scorecards, dashboards)
- Facilitates alignment with other business functions within the organization, particularly the GPTs, Regions/BUs and R&D to ensure consistency in understanding of asset level priorities
- Leads the risk/issue management process and proactively collaborates with appropriate leaders to deliver risk mitigation plans
- Forecasts headcount resourcing plans for future demands and professionalises this activity.
- Leads and guides CMO/GMA business planning including the development of annual budgets, budget reviews, and resource allocations partnering closely with MU Leads, Function Heads and finance partner to ensure transparency and facilitate decision-making at the CMO/GMA leadership level
- Sets ongoing processes and expectations for team meetings, collaborations, and presentation guidelines
- Provide operational expertise and best practices to the CMO/GMA Functions as needed
- Collaborates with other program management leaders across the organization and the industry to build capabilities and advance the function
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Science or Business degree required.
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline is preferred
- At least 10 years of experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry required, experience with Biotherapeutics will be an advantage
- Extensive experience with all aspects of modern medical affairs delivery: clinical research, evidence generation, value demonstration, medical communication, medical information, publication activities, congress presentations, interaction with Medical Science Liaison networks, compliance, and public speaking. Additionally, a solid familiarity with the entire commercialization process and the marketplace dynamics that impact organizational decisions and deliverables
- Proven ability to work effectively (strategically and tactically) with key internal stakeholders in a multinational, complex matrix organization/departments such as Commercial, Research & Development and Business Development is necessary to be successful in the role
- Proven record of agile, innovative and independent problem-solving skills, combined with excellent communication, interpersonal, with managerial skills, expert project management skills and strong commitment
- Proven ability to work in a multicultural environment, and advance the organization s objectives while ensuring that key stakeholders feel that they have been appropriately engaged in the process and decision making
- Ability to work self-driven, independently and collaboratively, strong leadership and organizational skills, and able to drive multiple projects to successful, timely completion in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and analytical thinker.
- Demonstrated capability to build strong relationships with KOLs to support productive engagement
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships and the capability to interact within all levels of the organization
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills in order to manage, motivate and drive decisions
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate with and prepare presentations for Senior Management and Executives.
- Highly effective presentation skills in order create and deliver presentations with appropriate messaging and focused recommendations.
- Proven skills in negotiation, influencing without authority and working diplomatically through conflict
- Proven people management skills. Experience should include managing mid- to senior level employees.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and change
- Maintain minimum standards of education/certification in individual professional discipline
- Approximately 30-40%, most internationally
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.