- To develop and roll out the GE automation strategies to the OpU that will standardize global processes and infrastructure.
- SME in Automation, Digitalization and Manufacturing Systems
- Support Site Automation & Digitalization projects.
- Own and develop automation solutions that are consistent with the specific needs of the manufacturing environment.
- Lead Site automation teams to develop long term automation strategy for sites in key areas of building & process, data historian, Delta-V, recipe manager, Industry 4.0, and MES.
- Drive the Automation roll-out process at the Site level, ensuring cost, schedule, and technical solution are achieved.
- Develop & nurture core competencies of the automation personnel at the sites to ensure technical capabilities are built, and the knowledge and experience are maintained.
- Take an ownership role in preparing adequate and cost-effective solutions for all automation investment-related projects. Leverage best practices and expertise across the Engineering network.
- Lead and drive Site working groups to ensure clear action plans with delivery milestones.
- Own and Lead harmonization across the network to ensure consistent core solutions are being implemented.
- Be aware of technology trends and benchmarks in the industry. Benchmark against peers so that Takeda is in line with the industry.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Must be able to display in-depth knowledge and expertise in Automation solutions including Delta-V, PLC, SCADA, I-Fix, Wonderware, and OSI Pi.
- Displays strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Can display analytical and conceptual thinking
- Has a deep and broad understanding of pharmaceutical manufacturing process, regulatory environment, trends in automation innovation, and financial acumen
- An enterprise leader balancing and aligning goals and priorities to meet company objectives
- Ability to influence within the organization to drive decisions, alignment, and conflict resolution for complex cross-functional issues
- Being a mentor developing future leaders
- Displays and drives Takeda culture of Takeda-ism, PTRB, safety, and quality into the organization
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Full accountability for complex decisions regarding Automation, organization capability, and delivery of value to the business.
- Is able to easily engage with both internal and external stakeholders to drive performance and rollout Automation solutions.
- Collaborate across all technologies, including Plasma, Biologics, API, and Small Molecule within GMS to align on vision and priorities for Automation excellence.
- Works across Site teams to align and implement Automation best practices.
- Is capable of identifying new trends in the industry like cloud computing.
- Is able to benchmark against peers in the industry
- Provides inputs for defining the innovation roadmap in GMS Automation strategies
- Ensures process knowledge sharing across sites and GE functions for effective development of organizational capabilities.
- Manages with a matrix of reporting lines and across functional areas
- Provides leadership to drive highly complex Automation solutions that span multiple sites across different demographics.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Degree in engineering (Dipl. Ing. / M. Sc. / B. Sc.) or equivalent (mechanical / process / chemical or equivalent
- Languages: Business fluent proficiency in English & Local Language (written and oral),
- Experience: More than 12 years of experience in GMP manufacturing relevant to the specialist area of expertise.
- Minimum of 8 years of leadership experiences
- Broad knowledge of Automation solutions and best practice in the field of expertise.
- High communication skills, analytical mindset, ability to work under pressure
- GxP/QA knowledge
- Innovative thinking
- Building relationships and teamwork
- Used to working in a complex global / matrix organization.
- Can establish and coordinate service contracts with external service providers
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience with data analysis
- Good understanding of the pharmaceutical industry not limited to technical aspects only
- Regular travels to Takeda sites within the region and to equipment and service providers. (Approx 25% travel)
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.