- Manage OpU Performance Reporting (KPIs and aggregation, systems and related processes)
- Understand technology trends and develop predictive analytics tools in partnership with GLOBAL FUNCTIONS; lead development of and execution of digital solutions that enable on-demand reporting
- Partner across OpU to understand business strategy, requirements and constraints; collaborate with GLOBAL FUNCTIONS and IT to translate to technical build
- Accountable for the measurement, analysis and reporting of OpU performance, key insights and programs against business goals and priorities
- Collaborate on business case presentations and action plans to drive OpU strategy, including target recommendations, performance optimization, and cost/benefit analyses
- Interface with global functions to drive real-time data analytics and predictive analytics to measure the performance of the OpU
- Define performance analytics standards, guidelines and KPIs to measure performance effectiveness and drive consistency of performance measurement
- Oversee the development of dashboards, creation of standardized reports and the distribution of reporting to provide ongoing insights to leadership in support of decision making and continuous improvement initatives.
- Responsible for gathering data requirements necessary to perform desired analyses; participate in the development of process modifications needed to deliver required performance metrics.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
- Strong knowledge of data analytics technology including, MAP, BI tools and predictive/web analytics tools
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, regions and culture
Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company
Ability to distill complex issues and ideas down to simple comprehensible term
Ability to translate quantitative data into actionable recommendations
Comfortable proposing decision options to leadership in support of OpU, GMS and Takeda strategy
Effectively navigates the changing external and internal environment and leads others through change by creating and inspiring and engaging workplace
Ability to build strong partnerships and drive role clarity with other interfacing Takeda functions, including but not limited to Strategy and Business Excellence
Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions
Ability to identify areas for process and systems innovation and implement change that will enhance the overall effectiveness of the team.
Ability to communicate complex data concepts in ways that leaders and other functions will understand
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Bachelor degree required, preferably in health science, engineering, or business
- MBA/Masters degree is desirable
- Pharmaceutical industry related disciplines; Operations experience desirable.
- Minimum of 2 years as a Product or Project Manager or equivalent position
- Supervisory experience and/or independent project leadership experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Operational Excellence - Lean, Six Sigma & End-to-End business process management concepts.
- Budget planning and management experience.
- Proficient in application of project management skills and techniques.
- Proficient in presentation tools and techniques.
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage multiple initatives and priorities
- Strong analytical skills a must
- Excellent communication skills with ability to interact with executives and team members across the network
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. International travel may be required
- Requires approximately 20% travel.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.