- Oversee and manage the global strategy, development and execution of the AGILE program across the OpU, both Globally and for the Regions.
- Lead world wide process mapping exercises across the OpU and with partnering functions to identify areas of opportunity and prioritize projects with the highest value and impact to the OpU.
- Work in coordination with regional change agents to ensure projects and activities related to AGILE are consistent with the strategy and best practices are shared across all regions.
- Work directly with the OpU Head of Business Excellence to ensure program objectives are met.
- Lead teams globally through the completion of transformations/workshops.
- Lead and facilitate the prioritization and scoping of projects to ensure maximum use of employee resources to generate the greatest value for the function.
- Work cross functionally within the OpU and across Procurement and GMS Controlling to develop robust financial models to assist in project prioritization and implementation.
- Progress activities to completion from strategy to tactical implementation.
- Communicate progress, issues & barriers to local Agile Core teams and the OpU Head of Business Excellence.
- A critical role model with mind-set and behavior in the transformation, must exhibit the culture of continuous improvement while, teaching and mentoring on a global scale.
- Leverage best practices across the network; share across regions and with local Change Agents.
- Communicates globally the vision of AGILE across the OpU.
- Oversee and participate in area specific project reviews.
- Responsible for AGILE Program (all work streams) facilitation within the function.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
- An E2E thinker who can lead process mapping and analysis exercises across the OpU and with partnering functions to identify areas of opportunity and prioritize projects with the highest value and impact to the OpU.
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, regions and culture.
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company.
- Ability to distil complex issues and ideas down to simple comprehensible term
- Assists the leadership team in directing the necessary resources to the AGILE transformation.
- Effectively navigates the changing external and internal environment and leads others through change by creating and inspiring and engaging workplace.
- Ability to build strong partnerships internally and externally to the OpU and drive role clarity with other interfacing Takeda functions.
- Comfortable working across multiple levels of leadership.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions.
- Ability to identify areas for process and systems innovation and implement change that will enhance the overall effectiveness of the team.
- Desire to continuously learn and work with unfamiliar processes and teams, in order to educate and instill behaviours, and monitor adoption across the OpU and Regions.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor degree required, preferably in health science, engineering, or business
- MBA/Masters degree is desirable
- Minimum of 6 years in pharmaceutical industry related disciplines, Operations experience desirable.
- Minimum of 2 years as a Product or Project Manager or equivalent position
- Minimum of three years supervisory experience and/or independent project leadership experience.
- Familiarity with Operational Excellence - Lean, Six Sigma & End-to-End business process management concepts.
- Budget planning and management experience.
- Good understanding of drug development and NDA process, production processes and technologies, cGMP regulations, and pharmaceutical outsourcing.
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements for most aspects of an NDA, sNDA, annual reports.
- Proficient in application of project management skills and techniques.
- Proficient in presentation tools and techniques.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. International travel may be required.
- Requires approximately 20% travel.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.