- The Sr. Accounting Analyst is responsible for general accounting, accounts payable, and analytical support within Takeda Business Services.
- The Sr. Accounting Analyst will bear responsibility for certain aspects of the financial accounting results through reconciliations and analysis.
- Other responsibilities are processing vendor invoices, payments, supporting the Takeda Business departments and leading and supporting the Accounts Payable staff regarding day to day responsibilities or projects. The activities of this position will be performed in conformance with our established policies as well as GAAP, IFRS, SOX, and any other applicable regulatory requirements.
- 40% Participate in the monthly and quarterly accounting close, including reconciliations and analytical support. Ensure all information received by the business units, subsidiary systems, and interfaces are accurate, timely and are in compliance with all GAAP, IFRS and U.S. statutory requirements. Processes invoices in Ariba, Coupa, and SAP.
- 40% Perform and document balance sheet account reconciliations as well as financial statement analysis on a monthly basis. Ad Hoc reporting and analysis to support the financials and other projects. Assist in follow-up and resolution of vendor issues in the A/P mailbox, case management solution and personal email box. Coordinates invoice review. Interfaces with in-house personnel regarding accounts payable issues. Provides support and leadership to the AP Staff. Collaborate with other Lead AP staff on projects.
- 10% Participate in some aspects of internal and external financial and operational audits.
- 10% Assist Manager with special projects as needed.
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel. Working knowledge of Word and PowerPoint. Familiarity with MS Access would also be a plus.
- Experience with journal entries and invoice processing in Ariba, Coupa, SAP preferred.
- Requires strong attention to detail in composing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, scheduling and meeting deadlines.
- Requires an organized person that can lead the staff in a group project
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and complete tasks to deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are needed. Must have the ability to interact with peers as well as management throughout the Company. Building relationships will be a key success factor for this position. Another key success factor will be the ability to handle ambiguity and to deal effectively with a constantly changing environment.
- A demonstrated customer service focus will be another critical success factor for this position. This is a service organization and that will require the highest commitment to understanding customer needs and meeting/exceeding their expectations.
- Must ensure all communications and interactions are professional, courteous and show a desire to be of service.
- This individual will be involved in cross-functional teams supporting Corporate and Departmental business initiatives. This will require the ability to generate ideas, engage in effective discussion and analysis and collaborate with fellow employees from other functional areas and at all levels of responsibility.
- The candidate should be able to make recommendations to managers within Finance Operations for improvements to current processes.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must be a proactive problem solver with the ability to think outside the box, arriving at creative and effective recommendations for improvements and enhancements in financial and non-financial operations.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- At least 6 years experience in general accounting including accounts payable.
- Minimum of a BA / BS Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA or CPA track preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred but not required.
- Experience in service-oriented or regulated industries would be a plus.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.