US-GA, Senior Quality Control Technician SR0038759-MZ
Conduct critical microbiological analyses on raw materials, initial, in-process and final products, and samples collected from environmental monitoring programs at Shire manufacturing facilities. Work under minimum supervision. Maintain data integrity and ensure compliance with company SOPs and specifications, FDA, GLP, QSR and cGMP regulations.
1) Conduct critical microbiological analyses on raw materials, initial, in-process and final products, and samples collected from environmental monitoring programs at Shire manufacturing facilities. Work under minimum supervision.
2) Use sophisticated laboratory instrumentation and computer systems to collect and record data. Perform advanced assays requiring precise analytical skills and understanding of microbiology and chemistry principles.
3) Complete all testing, including special project / protocol testing in a timely and appropriate manner.
4) Maintain data integrity and ensure compliance with company SOPs and specifications, FDA, GLP, QSR and cGMP regulations.
5) Investigate deviations and write exception documents.
6) Participate in functions involving teams, which impact production, increase efficiency, solve problems, generate cost savings and improve quality.
7) Perform laboratory and manufacturing audits as required. Audit and update, as required, plant SOPs.
8) Perform equipment maintenance and calibrations as required.
Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, and in a timely fashion. Computer literate. Must be detail oriented, conscientious and have high reading comprehension skills. Must have basic understanding of laboratory instrumentation. Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisors and peers.
The position supports the Weekend shift
Bachelor s Degree in Biology, Microbiology, or Chemistry with Analytical Chemistry or Laboratory coursework and 0-2 years' experience.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Please visit our website at takedajobs.com