This position is primarily responsible for managing all levels of financial support for R&D pipeline projects in Plasma Derived Therapies Business Unit. Position will be an active member of GPTs (Global Product Team) and relevant sub-teams; position will drive decision analytics and guide recommendations by delivering strategic and financial assessments of projects under review. Co-leads the development and management of overall R&D budget for assigned projects and functions within a global matrix team. This position will further provide significant support to Head of R&D Finance and PDT BU Consolidation Finance team through the creation of the project spend estimates and monitoring of monthly actual spend vs. budget. Provides financial support for financial aspects of R&D partnerships as needed for their assigned therapeutic areas. On ad-hoc basis, this position will collaborate with other global functions and business units in company-wide initiatives.
General Planning, Analysis and Reporting
- Provide strategic input and management of assigned projects to ensure appropriate oversight throughout the year and communicate critical issues to finance, project teams and management as required.
- Manage monthly close and support consolidation; provide input into monthly financial analysis of budget to actual variances and trend reports including relevant comments to management.
- Lead the financial planning process for assigned GPTs to develop Financial Plans (Plan, MYC and LBE) that will be approved by Takeda governance
- Responsible for oversight of actual results and forecasts accuracy for assigned projects.
- Ensure proper compliance with accrual methodology, budgeting/reporting processes, tools and policies/procedures standards within PDT R&D Finance.
- Provide financial oversight for internal/external audits for PDT BU in collaboration with Global R&D
- Manage change to ensure financial controls are in-place and monthly clinical study accruals are supported
- Drive the development of forecast systems changes to meet continuous business needs
General Business & Investment Analysis
- Responsible for management and creation of financial/quantitative/qualitative analysis tools to enable rigorous decision support.
- Development of business cases supporting investment proposals. Analyses may include items such as:
- Decision Trees, Options and trade-off analysis
- Analysis of business terms and conditions in contracts
- Scenario planning, risk management and sensitivity analysis
- Integration efforts into clinical and budget processes and systems
- Responsible for development and review of investment analysis for development pipeline stage-ups and financial input into PRC presentations.
- Responsible for development and review of Global financial support for assigned Alliances. Includes analysis of a compound s financial costing assumptions across functions and regions.
Support development budget aligned to Global Project Teams
- Responsible for budgeting/planning and resource allocation for GPTs in PDT R&D
- Collaborate with GPL, GPM, Global/Local Commercial and other team members to oversee financial alignment of strategy, execution and project risks
- Provide regular monitoring of program assumptions, study budget issues, risks and remediation measures
- Ensure project plans are aligned between various financial and other systems
- Guide the discussion of the GPT s to fully inform the financial assessment of projects under consideration and to structure GPT decisions in the appropriate financial frameworks.
- Development of project alternative scenarios based upon varying model inputs to capture the range of project outcomes for risk assessment, maximize ROI and drive value creation.
- Lead communication of assigned GPT development cost budget information within R&D Finance, and other Takeda functions.
- Develop and maintain general business and competitive expertise for plasma derived therapies.
- Proactively exchange project information with site and functional Finance teams to ensure a global and unified approach to project budgeting across assigned GPTs.
Other General Management
- Serve as a change agent and tactfully present unpopular ideas and messages when necessary.
- Develop, continue to assess and improve financial planning/reporting processes and tools.
- Define and anticipate problems/opportunities and proposes solutions/plans of action along with relevant information to key decision makers for assigned therapeutic areas.
Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of a Bachelor s degree in Finance or Accounting, including well-rounded coursework in other disciplines.
- Minimum 5 years of overall business experience, with a minimum of 3 years in financial planning or decision analytics roles preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated business impact in previous roles.
- Strong computer software skills (TM1, SAP, Power BI, Tableau, Microsoft Office Suite Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
Education and Experience - Desired:
- MBA or MS in Finance or Accounting.
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical or healthcare setting.
- Strategic vision ability to recognize, forecast and communicate events, which may impact the business.
- Leadership ability to guide a team in day-to-day and long-term related activities.
- Communication ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written, in a persuasive, organized and appropriate manner, including running meetings and preparing presentations for customer groups. Ability to communicate effectively with Senior Management. Ability to push back in a respectful manner and to present unpopular ideas and messages when necessary.
- Analytical ability to determine methods and types of analyses to be performed to address a business question. Ability to interpret and question data inputs to financial models and support alternative recommendations as necessary.
- Management ability to set priorities for a team and meet specific deadlines in a changing environment. Ability to be flexible, accommodating, and deal with change effectively.
- Customer Service Orientation ability to gain trust of executives and contribute to their success from information gained through networking and an understanding of business.
- Teamwork ability to foster good working relationships among team members, and work effectively in and contribute to a team environment.
- Entrepreneurial ability and desire to take ownership of activities and projects, desire to shape the organization, consistent out of the box thinking.
Responsibilities will likely require conference calls with global affiliates and other Takeda departments outside of standard working hours.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.