Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Graphic Designer in our Lexington, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Graphic Designer working on the Digital Creative Engagement team, you will be empowered to work with internal staff to provide Takeda Marketing and Corporate groups the most economical and quality graphics and artwork for visual communications, and a typical day will include:
In house creative department works with internal staff to provide Takeda Marketing and Corporate groups the most economical and quality graphics and artwork for visual communications.
- Provide creative, cutting edge art direction and graphic design for advertising and other projects for on-site clients. Participate and drive brainstorming sessions for communication tactics with key clients.
- Primarily accountable for creative/tactical design and execution, strategic direction and adherence to Takeda s Brand Style and Content Guides, as it relates to the creation of promotional materials and internal communication materials. Position is in a high-volume, rapidly paced environment that requires problem solving, analytical and verbal/written communication skills.
- Responsible for Project Management of Internal Agency projects including developing processes for partnering with external agency partners and brand teams as well as on special projects such as foreign language materials, managed-market pull-through materials, and other opportunities for cost and operational efficiencies.
- Responsible for maintaining and expanding expertise in the fields of graphics, commercial printing, and computer technologies. Strong computer aptitude and a demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
- Leads and reviews concept development, strategic development, design solutions and creative production throughout the life cycle of the project.
- The Graphic Designer is responsible for technical accuracy of design projects handed off to commercial printer and clients.
- The Graphic Designer is responsible for familiarity with the Takeda brands and style guides.
- Produces files that will consistently image properly to film in prepress stage in efficient manner. Adherence to standards and styles for software usage.
- Initiates creative concepts and relates design work to clients goals and business.
- Must be extremely organized and able to work on several projects with several brands concurrently.
- Able to negotiate timelines with clients and vendors. Works with Manager in developing projects with commitment to deadlines, budgetary goals and customer satisfaction. Also responsible for advising as appropriate of any obstacles that may prevent timely completion of projects.
- Determines the best process and standardizations for execution in compliance with existing department standard and specific direction for individual projects, by applying design and production expertise to achieve the desired result. This will involve direct interaction with clients.
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills are a must in order to interact extensively with personnel at all levels; internal staff, clients and external vendors.
- Assist our internal Takeda clientele in developing and executing Marketing and business communications for delivery either as presentations or printed documents.
- Can perform Quality Control/proofing exercises on one s own work prior to releasing them
- Keep repository of data files current on server.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s Degree: Communication, Graphic Design, Advertising or proven production experience.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years experience of digital and traditional design experience of in-house or agency environment. Video and photography is a plus.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS for building email marketing, and designing web assets
- Must have the ability to prepare flawless graphic imagery for final production
- Must have the ability to analyze the cost-effectiveness of design solutions and utilize his/her creative ability within the budget limitations of each project.
- Must have a thorough understanding and knowledge of commercial printing, presentation graphics and other, promotional item production techniques in order to determine and execute alternative, often times cost savings, production methods.
- Must have solid interpersonal and organization skills, as he/she will be interfacing frequently with other people and will often be faced with settling issues regarding job priority, scope, and budget and scheduling.
- Understanding, working knowledge of branding, typography and conceptual thinking abilities.
- Self-directed, motivated, organized, flexible, and accountable.
- Excellent work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Must be flexible and respond well to constructive criticism
- Project Management Skills
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry is a plus
Technical Experience Required:
- Technical software production training
- PowerPoint, QuarkXPress, In Design, Creative Suite 5+ years
- Graphic Designer/Computer Graphic Operator 5+ years
- Total combined minimum years of experience 8-10 years
- Strong leadership, communication and project management skills.
- Fosters an environment of professional growth and inspires others to exceed expectations.
- Capable of efficient time management and able to juggle tight client deadlines. Recommend addition of external resources in times of overload.
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings or industry related events, including overnight trips
- Requires approximately 5% travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.