Provide a brief summary describing the major role, responsibilities and purpose of the job. Summarize key areas of accountability and budget responsibility, if applicable.
Oversees new center area training. Responsible for the supervision of the center area training program on an interim basis. Serves as trainer and coach for Training Supervisors in BioLife Plasma Services Network. Is able to perform all technical tasks required within the work areas. Provides assistance to center management teams and Training Department to achieve business goals.
Describe the essential job duties. After each, provide an estimate of the percent of time typically devoted to each responsibility (use increments of 5%, all time spent should total to 100% of time allocation). To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Please note the percentage of time spent on each job duty is an estimate for normal operating conditions.
- Perform duties associated with BioLife Plasma Center Training (including but not limited to): (60%)
- Monitors and ensures New Center training proceeds according to goals
- Provides support and coaching to center Training Supervisors.Serves as interim Training Supervisor as needed.
- Works closely with the Training & Development department, center management, and Regional Management teams to communicate center/employee needs as they relate to training
- Design, develop, implement, and deliver specific training and development initiatives to meet needs of trainees
- Maintains complete and accurate records to ensure that all personnel are competent to perform their assigned duties.
- Reviews employee training materials to meet initial and annual certification requirements.
- Ensures timely completion of cross-training and annual re-certification training.
- Ensures that employees are trained and committed to meet customer service expectations.
- Monitors center training needs and performs cross-training, re-training, SOP training, preventative action training and other training as needed.
- Works closely with the Facility Manager, QMR and management team to communicate center/employee needs as they relate to training.
- Fosters teamwork.Works collaboratively with staff, peers, and management to achieve business goals.Communicates continuously and resolves conflicts proactively.
- Communicates regularly with the Center Manager to ensure compliance with training requirements and that adequate support is provided to employees in the work area.
- Review Quality Control Records as applicable and assigned
- Supports BioLife University Training Department. (30%)
- Utilize technical training to assist the Training and Development Department with center-relevant initiatives
- Assist with Center Training Assessments by conducting informal audits/reviews
- Prepares reports for assessments and keeps Training Department appraised of center training and operational issues
- Assists the Training Department with SOP Revisions, ISOtrain, and iKAT as needed
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Coordinates and performs new employee orientation, including company background, health and safety requirements, policies and procedures and other company expectations. Understands Affirmative Action practices and is actively involved in employment application pre-screening and interviewing process for center staff. (5%)
- Maintain certification and perform required duties (including, but not limited to) the following roles: (5%)
- Medical History (PCT)
- Phlebotomy (SPCT, ASPCT, MPCT)
- Sample Processing (SPT, SSPT)
Education & Experience Requirements
Include educational requirements or equivalency, required years and type(s) of experience, and necessary licenses or certificates. Specify which are required and which are preferred. For UK, please do not use years of experience due to UK Legislation.
Essential: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Desired: Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred.
Key Skills and Competencies
Describe critical skills needed to successfully perform job, which should be representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Living our leadership behaviors is a basic expectation for all Shire employees. Shire expects all employees to embody the following:
- Be Positive
- Be Accountable
- Be Results Oriented
- Be An Excellent Manager of Self and Others
- Ability to read, interpret and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and to maintain complete and accurate records.
- Demonstrated work history of above average performance, customer service, and attendance.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and direct the work of others and resolve conflicts effectively.
Other Job Components
Complexity and Problem Solving
Describe the decisions made by the incumbents on a regular basis. Include decisions within the incumbent s authority to make as well as those decisions that must be referred to a higher level.
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to donors (external) and fellow employees (internal)
- Refers to Manager of BioLife Training and Developmentand/or Center Managers for guidance on complex, medium-impact or above and urgent decisions (internal)
- Refers to management team for escalated donor/employee concerns (internal)
Internal and External Contacts
List contacts this job advises, consults and coordinates with on a regular basis. Describe to whom this job is accountable. Indicate each Contact Category (Internal, Vendor, Customer, or Other) and provide examples.
- Reports to Manager of BioLife Training and Development (Internal)
- Consults and coordinates directly with the center management and regional managers on training concerns within the plasma center.
- Advises and coordinates will all other center roles to effectively problem solve, ensure timely and adequate training is received, and provide an exceptional customer experience.
List any other job requirements, including domestic travel, international travel, driver s license, physical abilities required, etc.
- Ability to travel up to 95% of the time domestically
- Requires valid state-issued driver s license
- Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assist other work areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional environment.
- May be responsible to support and conduct other projects as assigned by BioLife University
- Supports BioLife University and center management teams in identifying operational opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to center processes as needed, through use of company approved procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen).
- Production environment requiring the ability to walk and stand for the entire work shift.
- Requires frequent leaning, bending, stooping, crouching, and reaching above the shoulders and below the knee.
- Requires frequent lifting up to 26 lbs. and occasional lifting of materials 32 lbs. 50 lbs.
- Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance.
- Due to potential exposure to blood borne pathogens (risk level 1), 90% of production based work tasks require pro-longed glove wear.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.