The PDT BU R&D group is dedicated to bringing forward new therapeutic approaches based on plasma-derived therapies for patients with rare and complex diseases. Takeda believes there is tremendous potential to do more to meet patients and health care providers expectations with plasma-derived and plasma-oriented therapies for patients with immunologic, hematologic, and other complex diseases. The Plasma-Derived Therapies Business Unit will have the ability to create and define the future vision and operating model for the team. There will be two main drivers of innovation in the newly-formed PDT R&D group:
- Translational Pharmaceutical Sciences: This innovation engine will practice rapid-cycle innovation to test and develop improvements to existing products, develop new products, and improve yield. It will combine translational research with pharmaceutical sciences and device, and will receive inputs from and into clinical research and manufacturing sciences.
- Precision Medicine: This innovation engine will focus on developing comprehensive, value-oriented health care delivery packages around drug products, targeted to maximize benefit and reduce risk to precise patient populations. In the process, this engine will drive innovation by practicing patient-centric R&D.
The Director, Pipeline Management Plasma-Derived Therapies:
- Synthesizes and codifies the direction and strategy of the PDT BU R&D based on insights from internal and external experts
- Guides and works with key functions e.g., Discovery, Translation, Clinical Science, Regulatory, to align activities with R&D strategy
- Leads regular review of portfolio programs within BU, provides monthly updates to R&D, prepares GPTs ahead of PRC requests
- Accountable for annual summit, annual R&D Day and/or TET presentation communicating strategy
- Responsible for proper management of external pipeline through alliance management function
- Responsible for proper management of Business Development within PDT R&D. This includes Search & Evaluation, triage, review, and diligence. This will be in coordination with the Global BD and CEI team.
- Contributor to R&D Portfolio Strategy
- Lead organization of PDT R&D pipeline strategy and manage forums / create documents to codify strategy and facilitate communication
- Organize and execute regular internal and external focused portfolio reviews to pressure test strategic areas of focus to optimize current portfolio and lead future investment
- Conduct industry research to gather and analyze insights to evaluate potential opportunities relevant to therapeutic and disease areas
- Provide strategic leadership and expertise with respect to portfolio analytics and decision making at senior R&D Leadership
- Maintain external focus to map potential opportunities against needs identified within PDT R&D strategy and gaps in current portfolio
- Serve on dilligence teams to provide strategic support to align with PDT R&D and provide guidance to facilitate efficient evaluation
- Work with Business Development colleagues to provide insight on portfolio strategy and prioritization of BD opportunities to enhance portfolio
- Work with PDT R&D Leadership Team to optimize performance and lead organizational initiatives connected to building portfolio insights / value
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Experience in R&D, commercial, business and/or corporate development / consulting
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry with a focus on external innovation
- Thorough knowledge and experience in pharmaceutical R&D, commercial strategy and/or corporate planning
- Deep understanding of the drug development process and asset valuation
- Understanding of the Plasma-Derived Therapies and Drug Development
- Familiarity with pipeline assets of Takeda and another relevant pharma or biotech
- Pharmaceutical industry acumen ability to define, develop and implement business solutions based on trends, opportunities, needs and market direction within pharmaceutical industry and health care environment
- Proactive ability to predict issues and problem solve
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, regions and cultures
- Enterprise level leadership with the ability to inspire, motivate and drive results
- Excellent communicator, able to persuasively convey both ideas and data, verbally and in writing
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Ability to distill complex issues and ideas down to simple comprehensible terms
- Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact externally and internally to support the portfolio and externalization strategy
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Advanced scientific degree required (PhD or PharmD)
- Demonstrated excellence at a national or global level
- Experience influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders in the pharmaceutical industry
- Track record of successful leadership, management, and development of large, multi-disciplinary globally dispersed teams.
- Health care business acumen
Willingness to travel to various meetings including international travel is required.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.