Job/Position: Associate Director of Compliance Contracts & Pricing
- Risk management and compliance; work with management and operational functions to react to changing objectives and regulatory requirements, create and execute tactical plans and provide functional leadership to management and staff assigned to specific projects.
- Support the development and management of control and monitoring programs for Contracts & Pricing (C&P) and US BU Controller functions; support regulatory review, seek consultation when appropriate, and provide direction as needed to create policies, procedures, systems and tools to manage, monitor, and support operational compliance activities.
- Support the Director/Senior Director in the preparation of reports and presentations for Senior Management on high risk areas; program effectiveness, risks, priorities, and mitigation activities.
- Support core business objectives; mitigate costs and uncertainty, reduce administrative burden on functional groups, support a culture of compliance through people, process and technology.
- Lead risk mitigation efforts by providing or seeking timely consultation from expert resources to interpret rules and policies, communicate findings, and work on plans for the development and implementation of recommendations and best practices as needed.
- Responsible for the development and management of control and monitoring programs to prevent or detect deviations or to mitigate risk. Document and report all failures or deficiencies and any follow-up action needed or completed. Work with Compliance and functional teams to determine review schedules for policy, procedure, and other documentation to evaluate continued effectiveness, and to ensure that any changes are have been updated and approved.
- Aggregate data and information for presentations on high risk areas and program effectiveness, work with the Director/Senior Director to ensure that all risks and mitigation activities are captured, evaluated for potential impact, prioritized, and reported.
- Work with Compliance and functional experts to understand the impact and level of risk for changes in strategy, competitive landscape, laws, regulations, and other events. Discuss emerging compliance issues with management and stakeholders.
- Assist in the assessment of GtN and reimbursement technologies across USBU organization, to ensure all financial activities are performed in accordance to GAAP rules.
- Coordinate internal and external audits, review reports to identify any inconsistencies, deficiencies or areas needing additional information.
- Responds to inquiries concerning policies and procedures pertaining to departmental operations.
- Develop deadlines, projects, and work to be completed. Plan and execute assignments, resolve conflicts, and report on progress, risks, and impact.
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE
- Support the development and execution of a portfolio of activities that effectively manage/mitigate risk and drive efficiency.
- Engagement of internal stakeholders and external resources [as needed] to assess due diligence regarding design, performance, and possible deficiencies in process, controls, and policies, and to react to changing business and regulatory environments.
- Discuss guidance and best practices and create action plans to drive and measure accuracy and compliance as part of a coordinated risk management framework.
- Provide transparency [as appropriate] to risks and control management activities.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Bachelor s degree in finance, business administration, law, or a related field required, MBA preferred.
- 8-years experience in the Pharmaceutical industry, specifically Managed Markets and Finance.
- Anticipates and prepares for specific future opportunities or obstacles, calculating appropriate associated risks
- Ability to think through how decisions will impact Takeda, customer and stakeholders prior to execution.
- Proven track record of leading and driving business process transformation and organizational culture change as well as delivering on programs with complex business deliverables
- Health care business acumen with an understanding of the Pharmaceutical industry, specifically Managed Markets and Finance
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks in a matrix environment.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.