- Perform calculations and generate payments in compliance with executed wholesale/distributor and channel Agreements. Function as a data subject matter expert performing data validation, verification of contract compliance, master data and contract maintenance, and other contract administration functions. Responsible for identifying, analyzing, and solving data problems related to contract management systems and reporting tools. Facilitate responses to non-routine situations and events.
- Understand contracting strategies and maintain current knowledge supporting data structures, business processes, and documentation for contracted accounts; assist with any decisions and changes required to adapt to business needs. Maintain a good working relationship with Account counterparts to ensure a timely flow of information, resolve data issues, discuss utilization and payment variances, and other research as needed.
- Performs all data and process controls. Exercise good judgement within generally defined practices and procedures, present issues and discuss solutions in a group setting, facilitate process improvements and initiatives, maintain associated documentation.
- Analyze invoice and payment data to itemize and explain payment differences, and to facilitate compliance and contract performance reviews. Provide performance reports to account management teams and communicate any items of concern, such as unexplained variances or possible disputes over contract language or discount calculations. Provide data, analysis, and support as needed for cross-functional activities such as forecasting and planning or contract renewal decisions.
- Execute contract strategies. This includes contract set-up, membership management, and communications. Execute wholesaler notification regarding contract terms including sending non electronic Bid Awards daily to wholesalers to support accurate billing.
- Manage the timely processing of all daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly transactions to minimize deductions.Analyze and validate all submitted data elements to ensure payment accuracy.
- Identify ineligible transactions and work with wholesalers on the reconciliation of the disputed claims; identify root cause of issues and implement corrective action to eliminate future occurrences and reduce the chargeback deduction balance.
- Perform trending and variance analysis to ensure membership compliance and payment accuracy for specialty pharmacies, GPOs, The Department of Veteran s Administration, the Public Health Service, and Wholesaler/distributor agreements.Support Government Pricing and Reporting, Planning & Analysis, Finance and other management teams with data and analysis as needed.
- Support A/R in the reconciliation of chargeback deductions and assist with collection efforts.
- Manage all group e-mail inbox data submissions daily.These e-mails include charge-back resubmissions, membership eligibility questions and other miscellaneous queries requiring additional detailed analysis and follow-up.
- Serve as the point person for all PHS Restatements and incoming 340B Repayment Letters.Each letter must be examined on a case-by-case basis.Requires direct communications with customer facilities, pricing research and reconciliation to facility historic price positions.
- Using data from the Office of Pharmacy Affairs, perform monthly a 340B membership verification and maintain eligibility in the transaction system as needed. Resubmit any claim lines that are found to be ineligible.
- Assist corporate and departmental initiatives as needed:Product launches, recalls/voluntary market withdrawals, customer communication planning, company integration projects, systems implementations, business continuity planning etc.
- Support Customer Service:maintenance of a Customer Service response center for retail wholesalers and pharmacies.Management of the Adderall XR coupon card and other programs as requested.Maintain communication and coordinate information with other service centers (Ashfield, PSKW, etc.).
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE
- Provide accurate and timely set-up, validation and/or processing of financial transactions in connection with contractual obligations and company policies including chargebacks agreements and associated admin fees, wholesaler/distributor service agreements, customer incentives, expired product returns, product qualtiy complaints, Coverage Gap Discount Program, and the Branded Prescription Drug Fee.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry within the Contracts and Pricing space is required.The Contracts and Pricing space includes; federal and state priceing and reporting, commercial chargebacks and reimbursements; commercial agreements and discounts; transactional systems; and other pharmaceutical trade practices.
- Experience working with audit and/or other compliance functions is preferred.
- Experience with documentation, process design and development, and systems implementations is preferred.
- Effectively interact with staff and management from all functional areas as well as with key customers across Managed Markets, USBU Finance and Audit.
- Ability to manage and motivating others, inspiring confidence and rewarding innovation.
- Ability to present complex information clearly and with confidence
- Excellent communicator, able to persuasively convey both ideas and data, verbally and in writing
- Expresses responsibility for seeing a task to completion or achieving a desired result.
- Willingly, openly and in a professional manner addresses issues impacting goals.
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence.
- Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Tactical decisions:
- Ability to select the best methods for achieving a required goal in collaboration with management and teams.
- May impact tools, time-lines, and problem-solving activities.
- PDCA Cycle (Plan, Do, Check, Act).
- Operational decisions:
- Day-to-day event or data driven decisions to determine how a goal may be accomplished, dependencies, details, process, implementation.
- Foster solutions-oriented thinking by fostering a culture of performance, accountability, simplicity, empowerment, external orientation and curiosity.
- Effectively navigates the changing external and internal environment and leads others through change by creating and inspiring and engaging workplace
- Effectively negotiates and collaborates with business partners and demonstrates the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Ability to build strong partnerships and drive role clarity with other interfacing Takeda functions, including but not limited to Finance, Internal Audit, Legal, Regulatory, other Compliance functions as applicable.
- to influence and effectively drive organizational change and continuous innovation
- Ability to identify areas for process and systems innovation and implement change that will enhance the overall effectiveness of the USBU Finance C&P and Controller organizations.
- Ability to understand Takeda s diverse product portfolio (Gen Med, Specialty and Plasma) and ensure compliant practices across the managed markets, C&P, Controller and Finance organization.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree or High School Diploma plus 4 years contracts and pricing experience desired.
- 4-years of business with 2-years of rebate processing experience in the Pharmaceutical industry required.
- Ability to think through how decisions will impact Takeda, customer and stakeholders prior to execution.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks in a matrix environment.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.