The PDT BU R&D group is dedicated to bringing forward new therapeutic approaches based on plasma-derived therapies for patients with rare and complex diseases. Takeda believes there is tremendous potential to do more to meet patients and health care providers expectations with plasma-derived and plasma-oriented therapies for patients with immunologic, hematologic, and other complex diseases. The Plasma-Derived Therapies Business Unit will have the ability to create and define the future vision and operating model for the team. This position will focus on the following specific areas:
- Support in estimating resources for R&D and business cases, generating data and validating algorithms.
- Review data with key users to provide meaningful interpretations and implement tactical plans (i.e. link resources w/ milestones, evolution of the algorithm considering the change of business, management of demand vs. capacity)
- May act as a deputy to estimate resources for Due Diligence and Business Cases.
- To provide strategic support to the PDT R&D Operations and to the PDT R&D Cross-Functional Leadership Team
- To provide business operations support to ensure highly effective management of PDT R&D Operations.
The Manager, PDT R&D Business Operations will support the Business Unit (BU) to manage and report on strategic initiatives and activities critical to the efficient operations of the BU.
Specific duties include:
Reporting and Resource Planning:
- Responsible for managing Program Reporting requests
- Support IR related data request
- Responsible for resource forecasting/tracking, including maintaining organizational charts
- Develop, implement, document, and maintain PDT R&D Resource Planning algorithms to translate project schedules into resource needs over time.
- Support integrated business planning activities (portfolio prioritization, LRP and Budgeting) by providing aggregate R&D resource needs that are aligned with key product/program and individual Department level resource plans.
- Provide advanced analytical support to PDT R&D leadership in support of routine or ad-hoc decision support and appropriate process optimization
Administration and Infrastructure: Provides project management support for BU-level general infrastructure and business operations projects/initiatives that may include:
- Tracking & monitoring PDT R&D compliance performance related to non-GXP, GXP training requirements
- Providing general project management support for PDT R&D Leadership Team members, as required
- Implementing best practice business initiatives to enhance execution and streamline business operations processes
- Maintains SharePoint/Collaboration Site, including content refresh and any migration activities
- Contributes to development of PDT sponsored communications (announcements, mile-stones/accomplishments, etc)
- May provide operational meeting planning support for Advisory Boards and Data Monitoring Committees, as required
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS :
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise(Breadth and depth of knowledge, application and complexity of technical knowledge)
- Experience in R&D, commercial, business and/or corporate development / consulting
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry with a focus on external innovation
- Understanding of drug development and/or medical devices.
- Familiarity with pipeline assets of Takeda and another relevant pharma or biotech
- Proactive ability to predict issues and problem solve
Leadership(Vision, strategy and business alignment, people management, communication, influencing others, managing change)
- Demonstrated ability to work in diverse teams
- Enterprise level leadership with the ability to inspire, motivate and drive results
- Excellent communicator, able to persuasively convey both ideas and data, verbally and in writing
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can gain credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Ability to distill complex issues and ideas down to simple comprehensible terms
- Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization
Decision-making and Autonomy(The capacity and authority to make organizational decisions, autonomy in decision-making, complexity of decisions, impact of decisions, problem-solving)
- Strong ability to provide clear, thoughtful recommendations:
- Ability to make clear recommendations to highly complex challenges
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions
- Ability to incorporate feedback and ensure recommendations and decisions are made swiftly to yield flawless execution
Interaction(The span and nature of one s engagement with others when performing one s job, internal and external relationships)
- Ability to communicate with impact in a global, culturally diverse environment
- Excellent written and verbal skills to lead & motivate teams, frame actions and decisions, and drive clarity among stakeholders
- Proven skills in negotiations, influencing throughout the matrix, leading through ambiguity, and working diplomatically through conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver compelling presentations for Senior Management and Executive level audiences
Innovation(The required level of scientific knowledge, knowledge sharing, innovation and risk taking)
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions
- Ability to take risks implementing innovative solutions
- Embraces risk as opportunity and willingness to try new approaches
Complexity(Products managed, mix of businesses, internal and/or external business environment, cultural considerations)
- Ability to rapidly synthesize information from multiple sources, communicate ideas and data both verbally and written in a persuasive and appropriate manner in multi-cultural environment
- Ability to analyze a wide variety of date, including financial figures to make strategic decisions
- Ability to work in a global ecosystem (internal and external) with a high degree of complexity
- Breadth of knowledge required across therapeutic areas, indications, and/or modalities
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORALCOMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor Degree in Business/Legal related field
- 5-8 years experience in an business operations leading role within a complex pharmaceutical projects in a multi-disciplinary, global environment
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :
- Willingness to travel to various meetings including international travel is required.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.