Manager, MDM Data Quality (USBU)
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Manager, MDM Data Quality (USBU) in our Lexington, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Manager, MDM Data Quality (USBU) working on the US Commercial Operations team, you will be empowered to define how the organization's structured and unstructured master data will be stored, consumed, integrated/shared and reported by different application system, and a typical day will include:
- The Data Quality Manager reports to the Associate Director, Master Data Management and is an expert in data analysis, system design, deployment and management of an organization's MDM and data architecture.
- The MDM Data Quality Manager will be responsible in defining how the organization's structured and unstructured master data will be stored, consumed, integrated/shared and reported by different application systems.
- The MDM Data Quality Manager will define and implement data governance, architecture and integration principles aligned o the overarching enterprise principles.
- The MDM Data Quality Manager will work towards building and maintaining an MDM data model, a central dictionary of standard common business vocabulary, data quality business rules and validations, data integration requirements, data security/access and data archiving
MDM Data Quality
- Responsible for the end-to-end governance of master data across Commercial landscape, supporting operations, reporting and analytics
- Responsible for leading and working with various business area leads and data stewards to ensure cross-team processes are efficient and commercial data is consistent, accurate and compliant across applications
- Establish a commercial data definition repository and responsible for defining and maintaining the definitions of the key master data data elements.
- Lead evaluation of third-party data providers and services
- Responsible for MDM data source profiling and cleanse rule definition, including reject re-processing governance and remediation
- Responsible for identifying and implementing data quality checks, KPIs and standards and data remediation.
- Responsible for MDM data quality roadmap and execution
- Collaborates with the MDM data stewards and sets prioritization
MDM Data Integration
- Reviews and sets data integration direction for the overall MDM solution, in accordance with Associate Director, MDM, Commercial IT and Senior leadership vision
- Defines component architecture, reviews detailed designs for accuracy and overall compliance to defined architecture across the complete MDM data life-cycle.
- Supports Data Mapping Phases with proper technical analysis.
- Analyzes impact of future topology changes in the environment.
- Defines, prototypes and directs Analytics and Data Quality teams to define dashboards for supporting data governance.
- Monitor data integrations, develop data mappings and data load routines and other artifacts necessary to implement ETL type integrations
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of customer and product master data
- Responsible for defining and maintaining MDM data standardization and master List of Values
- Responsible for defining and implementing data quality business rules and quality checks
- Responsible for understanding the end-to-end data flow for maintaining customer master and product data across business areas
- Responsible for customer and product data harmonization and remediation across multiple sources
- Collaborate and govern Commercial IT architecture practices to ensure integrity of MDM data quality and accuracy
- Ensures MDM data is correctly and accurately integrated with downstream systems and processes
- Work closely with Commercial Ops team and adhere to implemented principles and process standards
- Work with IT to coordinate and define business user impacts of MDM application changes including resolving issues and planning for enhancements and upgrades
- Works with business process experts to help identify functional requirements.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree required
- Minimum 8 years pharmaceutical or healthcare industry experience required
- 4 + years of project management experience required
- Strong understanding of PDMA regulations
- Extensive knowledge with Microsoft Office applications is a must (Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word)
- Organization and time management skills required
- Possesses strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Proven record of being detail oriented, possessing accuracy, and understanding quantitative issues.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Advanced Degree preferred
- 5+ years of directly related Informatica MDM/IDD and/or Reltio experience
- Has basic knowledge of Pharmaceutical Commercial business environment/operations
- 8 or more years of Commercial Operations experience within Life Science and/or Healthcare, with at least 5 years of data analysis, standardization and integration experience.
- Experience in the role of an MDM data expert, understanding data profiling, cleanse rule definition and system integration.
- A strong background in third party data vendor management, MDM/CRM, data analysis, and business requirements definitions and is Technology and System savvy
- Experience leading large Master Data Management program and/or data validation and system testing for a full System Development Lifecycle.
- Proven experience in developing conceptual, logical and physical data model for customer and product domains.
- Solid understanding of master data concepts, processes, and tools including data modeling, data profiling, data quality assessment, data integration and data governance.
- Ability and proven experience in translating business needs of regional and global applications and business processes into data requirements.
- Knowledge of Enterprise-level multi-domain Master Data Management platform such as Informatica MDM, Reltio MDM, IBM Infosphere, etc.
- Experience in Cloud applications such as Salesforce, Netsuite etc.
- Experience in using SQL & other data extraction, reporting and analytic tools to develop, test, monitor and troubleshoot systems related issues in Oracle or similar database.
- Expertise in performing source/target data analysis, data quality assessment, data validation and data reconciliation.
- Knowledge on models of MDM implementation.
- Experience with global teams required.
- Establishes good working relationships with business owners, and supporting the governance structure to ensure on-going data accuracy and completeness
- Business acumen
- Standard MS Office skill set including Excel, Visio, Power Point and Access
- Experience with data structures, relations and processes
- Demonstrates competency in: understanding and correcting data discrepancies; reading and translating data models; data querying; identifying data anomalies and root cause analysis;
- Customer and Product Data Harmonization decisions will directly affect Sales Operations, IT and the Field Force
- The individual must be self-motivated, a team player, have excellent verbal and written communication skills and possess the ability to manage simultaneous projects, prioritizing based on business criticality/needs, in a demanding environment
- Highly collaborative and influential role interacting with senior management and stakeholders from the BU s, sales force effectiveness counterparts, Sales Leadership, Global Commercial Operations, Global Data Management Peers, Commercial Technology Team (IT), consultants & vendors, etc.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.