At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Discover more at takedajobs.com.
Primary Objectives of this Job
- Lead the Manufacturing Sciences department in the Takeda Recombinant Manufacturing Plant in Singapore.
- Act as am interface and contribute to the Manufacturing Sciences community within Takeda.
- Contribute to the local Senior Leadership Team of the Takeda Recombinant Manufacturing Plant.
- Meet all department goals, especially the production plan in quality and quantity.
- Establish a lean and efficient organization under special consideration of the Takeda Leadership expectations.
- Lead continuous process improvement programs (QbD, PAT) as part of the Takeda organization.
- Lead the Manufacturing Sciences department in driving results and deliverables.
- As a member and active participant of the Site Senior Leadership Team, provide opinions and insights for strategic decisions.
- Responsible for Process Monitoring and the fulfillment of all quality systems and policies.
- Support all departments -- serve as process / product expert -- generally and specifically in projects, in investigations and problem solving.
- Prepare and Update the department budget and fulfillment of the budget targets.
- Ensure the fulfillment of all legal and EHS requirements.
- Responsible for the hiring and training of new team members.
- Identify, support and coach development of expertise within organization.
- Mentor and guide team members to build succession pipeline.
- Act as Singapore representative for Manufacturing Sciences networking, collaboration and project team governance.
- Represent the Manufacturing Sciences team and the plant in all internal and external audits.
- Represent function in industry networks.
- Drives the continuous improvement of all processes and workflows to yield stable, lean and efficient manufacturing and business processes as well as an efficient and lean organization by applying innovative, creative and purpose driven solutions.
- Function as a key member of Receiving Unit team for process technology transfer activities.
Education and Experience Requirements
- At least a degree in a scientific discipline such as biotechnology, biochemical engineering, biochemistry or its equivalent.
- 8-10 years of experience in process development of therapeutic proteins (recombinant experience preferred).
- Ph.D in relevant discipline with a minimum 6 years experience will be considered.
- In-depth knowledge of compliance guidelines and experience in interacting with regulatory authorities and official bodies such as FDA, EMA etc.
- Thorough knowledge of cell biology, biochemistry, protein purification and process development, as well as current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Key Skills and Competencies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
- Business acumen.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.