This position reports to Grave (3) shift. This shift schedule is Monday to Friday 10:00 PM to 6:30 AM. Due to business need, on select occasion employees may be required to work overtime and/or support operations on an alternate shift.
Monitor scheduled activities by shift with respect to orders, door assignments, dispatch of trucks, and contract carriers supporting production and various other departments on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives and fills orders and performs order status inquiry for all completed orders. Adjusts orders as necessary when damages or shortages occur.
- Fills and prepares inventory for transportation and monitors progress throughout shift to assure efficient completion of duties.
- Performs physical counts, cycle counts, and periodic inventory verification.
- Assist transportation function by directing carrier drivers on empty trailer dropping and load pick-up processes.
- Complete bill of lading, packing list, seal assignment, and bar code assignments for each order.
- Cross trains and assists with other departments when necessary.
- Complies with SOPs, GMPs, safety rules and regulations, and departmental procedures.
- Drive bobtail truck as needed.
- Assist Warehouse Supervisor in obtaining maximum efficiency and productivity in warehouse operations.
- Inspecting incoming materials and notifying appropriate staff of potential quality issues.
- Use moving equipment like forklifts and pallet jacks to safely and efficient move inventory around the facility
- Prepare appropriate receiving, stockroom, and shipping documentation in compliance with all domestic and international regulations (IATA, hazmat, customs, etc.).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs and comfortable with using a computer.
- Ability to train others in on specified core competencies.
- Investigating and solving customer shipping/receiving problems and issues
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires strong interpersonal and organization skills. Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient in warehouse management systems and pc environments.
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment.
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator.
- Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.).
- Required to monitor facility conditions pertaining to safety, cleanliness, temperature, and general operational function.
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision.
Education and/or experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required, AA preferred. 1-3 years of warehouse and/or technical office experience.
- Must possess one (1) year of warehouse experience within the past (3) years.
- Must possess a valid class C drivers license Successful competition of MVR check in accordance with company hiring standards.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Exposure to warehousing and manufacturing areas at +5 C including storage freezer at 20 C and exposure to human blood plasma.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Will work in a cold, wet environment Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
- Must be able to work overtime as required (only for non-exempt positions).
- May be required to work in a confined area. Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.