As the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, the incumbent will run VSM and DMAIC activities that are key strategic plant projects. Well versed on the Lean and DMAIC methodology, statistics, and VSM Management. Provide expert advice and assistance to Process Owners, DMAIC improvement teams, Black Belts and Green Belts in the areas of Lean, statistics, change management, and process design or re-design strategies.
- Assist the management team with selecting appropriate projects which support the overall organization s strategic objectives.
- Report/track regularly the progress, milestones, savings, and other key aspects of projects that are active.
- Lead strategic projects to achieve results.
- Responsibilities include Lean and DMAIC training, kaizen and team facilitation, presenting at companywide sessions on projects, and effectively multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Coach Green Belts in the robust six Sigma tools such as DOE and Hypothesis Testing as well as Lean tools such as VSM, 5S, TPM, and Standard Work from Toyota Production System.
- Conduct reviews to ensure rigor and project progress.
- Assist GB's in developing a schedule for the project. Work with GB's to ensure they meet their established schedule, break down barriers.
- Develop training and education strategies and tools to ensure Black Belt and Greenbelt expertise.
- Facilitate sharing of best practices across the organization and company.
- Understand the big business picture, and assists Deployment Champions in reporting progress of Lean Six Sigma training/improvement to the senior staff.
- Motivate others toward a common vision.
- Support the development and continuous update of the value stream map
- Support development and regular update of the site capacity evaluations to identify projects and initiatives that support site ramp up and sustainability.
- Serve as primary representative for continuous improvement for the assigned department
- Engage with applicable department on a routine basis to stay informed of issues faced and subsequently resolve them.
- Utilize continuous improvement tools, lean and six sigma methodology to identify improvement opportunities, perform technical troubleshooting and successfully implement solutions
- Serve as continuous improvement mentor for the floor staff and propagate the methodologies in the work culture.
- Support the implementation of site strategy and business unit strategy by identifying appropriate initiatives for applicable department. In some instances support corporate initiatives and projects.
- Identify the appropriate business drivers for each initiative, draft proposals and seek appropriate governance approvals.
- Lead approved projects and continuous improvement initiatives that are in alignment with the site strategies.
- Perform detailed project planning including but not limited to schedule and resources and successfully execute cross functional projects
- Prepare timely project reports and communicate effectively with all stakeholders including reporting any potential project delays timely and provide mitigation plans to assure on-time execution.
- Prefer Green Belt/Black Belt certified
- Documented completion of DMAIC Training and Black Belt Certification is required.
Previous experience in using six sigma or lean tools including ANOVA, MSA, DOE, regression, comparison testing, process mapping, 6S / 5S, standard work, set up reduction, mistake proofing, Kaizen, and value stream mapping is preferred.
- Minimum requirement of 5 years of Lean Six Sigma deployment. 2+ years of experience desirable in the biotechnology / pharmaceutical industry is preferred
- BS in Science or Engineering
- Master s degree Engineering or Science preferred but not required.
- > 3 years experience working in a regulated industry
- > 3 years experience in a technical role
- Results driven and business oriented
- Knowledge of Lean tools and DMAIC problem solving approaches
- Experience and skills in driving strategic change
- Proven ability to interact with multiple levels of an organization
- Knowledge and experience in Lean is a major advantage
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.